English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-26

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 26

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 26


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Natasha pleaded to her mother to let her buy a black dress.

[A].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "Let me buy a black dress."
[B].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "Let us buy a black dress."
[C].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "I need to buy a black dress."
[D].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "We should a balck dress."


Question : 2

“Govind,” said the manager sternly, “I command you to tell me what the old man said.”

[A].   The manager sternly told Govind that he commanded him to tell him what the old man had said.
[B].   The manager commanded sternly to Govind to tell him what the old man had said.
[C].   The manager commanded Govind to tell him what the old man said.
[D].   The manager sternly commanded Govind to tell him what the old man had said.


Question : 3

He said, "How much is left to do?"

[A].   He asked how much had been left to do.
[B].   He asked how much had been left to be done.
[C].   He asked how much was left to be done.
[D].   He asked how much was still left.


Question : 4

He said he had left two days before.

[A].   He said, "I left two days before."
[B].   He said, "I left the day before yesterday."
[C].   He said, "I leave two days before."
[D].   He said, "I leave the day before yesterday."


Question : 5

“You are one of Pinkerton’s men, I presume,” he said.

[A].   He said that he presumed me one of Pinkerton’s men.
[B].   He said that he presumed that I was one of Pinkerton’s men.
[C].   He said that he presumed me as one of Pinkerton’s men.
[D].   He said that he presumes that I am one of Pinkerton’s men.


Question : 6

She said to him, "It is good to see you!"

[A].   She exclaimed that it was good to see him.
[B].   She exclaimed that she was happy to see him.
[C].   She exclaimed that it is good to see him.
[D].   She exclaimed that it was good to see me.


Question : 7

Vinay said that the maid had taken a day off.

[A].   Vinay said, "The maid is on a leave."
[B].   Vinay said, "The maid had taken a day off."
[C].   Vinay said, "The maid has taken a day off."
[D].   Vinay said, "The maid takes a day off today."


Question : 8

“Make me another suit like this,” he said to the tailor.

[A].   He asked the tailor to make him another suit like this.
[B].   He asks the tailor to make him another suit like this.
[C].   He asked the tailor to make him another suit like that.
[D].   He asked the tailor to make me another suit like this.


Question : 9

Sunil said, "Have you read this book?"

[A].   Sunil asked me if I have read this book.
[B].   Sunil asked me if I had read that book.
[C].   Sunil asked me if I would read this book.
[D].   Sunil asked me if I had been reading this book.


Question : 10

Mini said to me, “I have bought this flat for my mother.”

[A].   Mini told that she had bought that flat for her mother.
[B].   Mini said that she bought that flat for her mother.
[C].   Mini said that she has bought that flat for mother.
[D].   Mini told me that she had bought the flat for her mother.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment