English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-27

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 27

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 27


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

“So help me haven! He cried, “I never steal again”.

[A].   He wanted Heaven to help him so that he would never steal again.
[B].   He exclaimed to Heaven that he would never steal again.
[C].   He exclaimed Heaven to help him that he would never steal again.
[D].   He called upon Heaven to witness his resolve never to steal again.


Question : 2

She informed me that he had met with a road accident.

[A].   She said to me, "He met with a road accident."
[B].   She said to me, "Alas! He meets with a road accident."
[C].   She said to me, "Has he met with a road accident?"
[D].   She said to me, "He did meet with a road accident."


Question : 3

Ritu said, "Please lend me a pen."

[A].   Ritu ordered me to lend a pen.
[B].   Ritu begged me to lend her a pen.
[C].   Ritu asked if I could lend her pen.
[D].   Ritu requested me to lend her a pen.


Question : 4

“Suppose you children go out for a nice long walk,” she said.

[A].   She proposed that the children went out for a nice long walk.
[B].   She advised that the children go out for a nice long walk.
[C].   She suggested that the children go out for a nice long walk.
[D].   She suggested that the children should go out for a nice long walk.


Question : 5

The lawyer said, "The law always believes in the evidence."

[A].   The lawyer said that the law always believed in the evidence.
[B].   The lawyer said that the law should always believe in the evidence.
[C].   The lawyer said that the law always believes in the evidence.
[D].   The lawyer said that the law has always believed in the evidence.


Question : 6

The reporter confirmed that that news was fake.

[A].   The reporter said, "This news has been fake."
[B].   The reporter said, "This news is fake."
[C].   The reporter said, "The news was fake."
[D].   The reporter said, "That news is fake."


Question : 7

Gaurav said, "Where have you been?"

[A].   Gaurav asked me where I had been.
[B].   Gaurav told me where I should have been.
[C].   Gaurav told me where I was.
[D].   Gaurav said that I had not been there.


Question : 8

“Mohan made this mess. Let him clear it up”, said his father.

[A].   Mohan’s father said that Mohan had made the mess and proposed that he clear it up.
[B].   Mohan’s father said that Mohan had made the mess and that he was to clear it.
[C].   Mohan’s father said that Mohan had made the mess and suggested that he clear it.
[D].   Mohan’s father said that Mohan hade made the mess and that he should clear it.


Question : 9

The landlord said, "You should leave if you can not pay the rent."

[A].   The landlord asks me to leave if I didn’t pay the rent.
[B].   The landlord warned me to leave if I couldn’t pay the rent.
[C].   The landlord asked me to leave if I would not be paying the rent.
[D].   The landlord asked me to leave or pay the rent.


Question : 10

Henry exclaimed with regret that he had missed his flight.

[A].   Henry said, "Alas! I miss my flight."
[B].   Henry said, "I missed my flight."
[C].   Henry said, "Oh! I missed my flight."
[D].   Henry said, "I would miss my flight!"





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment