English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-34

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 34

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 34


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Kiara said that she had been planning for that for a while.

[A].   Kiara said, "I had a plan for this for a while."
[B].   Kiara said, "I have planned for this for a while."
[C].   Kiara said, "I have been planning for this for a while."
[D].   Kiara said, "I planned this for a while."


Question : 2

The warden said that she was in charge.

[A].   The warden said, "I am in charge."
[B].   The warden said,"I shall be in charge."
[C].   The warden said, "I have been in charge."
[D].   The warden said, "I would be in charge."


Question : 3

You can't bathe in this sea," he said to me, "it's very rough.

[A].   He said that I can't bathe in this sea because it's very rough.
[B].   He said that you couldn't bathe in that sea if it was very rough.
[C].   He said that I couldn't bathe in that sea as it was very rough.
[D].   He said that you can't bathe in this sea since it was very rough.


Question : 4

Ravi said that he had taught till eighth grade.

[A].   Ravi said, "I teach till eight grade."
[B].   Ravi said, "I would have taught till eight grade."
[C].   Ravi said, "I have taught till eighth grade."
[D].   Ravi said, "I had taught till eighth grade."


Question : 5

Where will you be tomorrow," I said, "in case I have to ring you?

[A].   I asked where you will be the next day in case I will ring him.
[B].   I asked where he would be the next day in case I had to ring him.
[C].   I said to him where he will be in case I have to ring him.
[D].   I enquired about his whereabouts the next day in case I would have to ring up.


Question : 6

He asked me whether you were ready or he should wait.

[A].   He said to me, "Is she ready or shall I wait?"
[B].   He said, "Are you ready or should I wait?"
[C].   He said to me, "Are you ready or shall I wait?"
[D].   He said, "Are you ready or not?"


Question : 7

"I finished it several days ago," said Jack.

[A].   Jack said that he had finished it several days earlier.
[B].   Jack said that he finished it several days earlier.
[C].   Jack said that he finish it several days ago.
[D].   Jack said that he finished it several days previously.


Question : 8

The shopkeeper said that those clothes were really expensive.

[A].   The shopkeeper said, "Those clothes are really expensive."
[B].   The shopkeeper said, "These clothes are really expensive."
[C].   The shopkeeper said, "The clothes here are really expensive."
[D].   The shopkeeper said, "These clothes were really expensive."


Question : 9

Kiran asked me, "Did you see the cricket match on television last night?"

[A].   Kiran asked me whether I saw the cricket match on television the earlier night.
[B].   Kiran asked me whether I had seen the cricket match on television the earlier night.
[C].   Kiran asked me did I see the cricket match on television last night.
[D].   Kiran asked me whether I had seen the cricket match on television last night.


Question : 10

Anthony said that I should definitely visit there.

[A].   Anthony said, "You shall definitely visit here."
[B].   Anthony said, "You should definitely visit there."
[C].   Anthony said, "You may visit there once."
[D].   Anthony said, "Everyone should definitely visit there."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment