English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-40

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 40

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 40


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Rishabh exclaimed with grief that his friend had died.

[A].   Rishabh said, "Alas! He dies."
[B].   Rishabh said, "Alas! My friend died."
[C].   Rishabh said, "Oh! My friend died."
[D].   Rishabh said, "Oh! Ah! My friend died."


Question : 2

He said to the farmer, “Are you coming with me to the village?”

[A].   He said to the farmer that are you coming with me to the village?.
[B].   He asked the farmer whether he is coming with him to the village.
[C].   He asked the farmer whether he was coming with him to the village.
[D].   He asked the farmer if he was coming with him to the village.


Question : 3

The passenger said to the clerk, " When is the next train to Hyderabad?"

[A].   The passenger asked the clerk when the next train to Hyderabad was.
[B].   The passenger enquired the clerk that when the next train was to Hyderabad.
[C].   The passenger enquired the clerk that when was the next train to Hyderabad.
[D].   The passenger enquired the clerk when was the next train to Hyderabad.


Question : 4

He said to them, “I am not going to leave”.

[A].   He told them that he was not going to leave.
[B].   He said to them that I am not going to leave.
[C].   He told them that he is not going to leave.
[D].   He told them that he has been not going to leave.


Question : 5

He advised me to book an appointment beforehand.

[A].   He said, "You should book an appointment beforehand."
[B].   He said, "You can book an appointment before."
[C].   He said, "You must book an appointment beforehand."
[D].   He said, "You may book an appointment before."


Question : 6

They said, “We are leaving for London today.”

[A].   They said that we are leaving for London that day.
[B].   They told that they are leaving for London today.
[C].   They said that they have been leaving for London that day.
[D].   They said that they were leaving for London that day.


Question : 7

Rohit asked me, "Have you read this novel?"

[A].   Rohit asked me if I had read that novel.
[B].   Rohit asked me if I could read this novel.
[C].   Rohit asked me if I would have read that novel.
[D].   Rohit asked me if I was reading that novel.


Question : 8

Lisa said that she would be travelling the following day.

[A].   Lisa said. "I would travel tomorrow."
[B].   Lisa said, "I will be travelling tomorrow."
[C].   Lisa said, "I shall be travelling the next day."
[D].   Lisa said, "I may travel tomorrow."


Question : 9

The father warned his son that he should be beware of him.

[A].   The father warned his son, "Beware of him!"
[B].   The father warned his son, "Watch that chap!"
[C].   The father warned his son, "Be careful about him."
[D].   The father warned his son, "Don't fall into the trap."


Question : 10

Keshav said that he had been watching a movie.

[A].   Keshav said, "I have watched this movie."
[B].   Keshav said. "I would be watching a movie."
[C].   Keshav said, "I should watch a movie."
[D].   Keshav said, "I have been watching a movie."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment