English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-37

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 37

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 37


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Natasha pleaded to her mother to let her buy a black dress.

[A].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "Let me buy a black dress."
[B].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "Let us buy a black dress."
[C].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "I need to buy a black dress."
[D].   Natasha pleaded to her mother, "We should a balck dress."


Question : 2

Ram a said to me, “Where are you going?”

[A].   Ram a said to me that where are you going.
[B].   Ram a told to me that she was going.
[C].   Ram a asked me where I was going.
[D].   Ram a asked me where he has been going.


Question : 3

She said, "I must have a computer to computer to prepare a powerpoint presentation."

[A].   She said that she had to have a computer to prepare a powerpoint presentation.
[B].   She said that she should have a computer to prepare a powerpoint presentation.
[C].   She said that she would have a computer to prepare a powerpoint presentation.
[D].   She said that she could have a computer to prepare a powerpoint presentation.


Question : 4

Samuel exclaimed with joy that they had won.

[A].   Samuel said, "Alas! We have won."
[B].   Samuel said, "We have won."
[C].   Samuel said, "Hurrah! We have won."
[D].   Samuel said, "We did win."


Question : 5

The porter said, “Which train are you taking?”

[A].   The porter asked which train I was taking.
[B].   The porter said that Which train are you taking.
[C].   The porter asked which train he has been taking.
[D].   The porter said which train he should taking.


Question : 6

Seeta said to me, "Can you give me your pen?"

[A].   Seeta asked me can I give her my pen.
[B].   Seeta asked me if I can give me your pen.
[C].   Seeta asked me if I could give her my pen.
[D].   Seeta asked me if I gave her my pen.


Question : 7

The technician said that he would repair the laptop.

[A].   The technician said, "I will repair the laptop."
[B].   The technician said, "I would repair the laptop."
[C].   The technician said, "I should repair the laptop."
[D].   The technician said, "I can repair the laptop."


Question : 8

He said, “How cunning she is!”

[A].   He told that she has been very cunning.
[B].   He said that she was cunning very much.
[C].   He exclaimed with sorrow that she was very cunning.
[D].   He exclaimed with wonder that she was very cunning.


Question : 9

He said to me, "I have often told you not to play with fire."

[A].   He said that he has often been telling me not to play with fire.
[B].   He told me that he had often told me not to play with fire.
[C].   He reminded me that he often said to me not to play with fire.
[D].   He said to me that he often told me not to play with fire.


Question : 10

Mr. Gupta said that he was busy that weekend.

[A].   Mr Gupta said, "I am busy that weekend."
[B].   Mr. Gupta said, "I am busy this weekend."
[C].   Mr. Gupta said, "I would be busy this weekend."
[D].   Mr. Gupta said, "I would be busy that weekend."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment