English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-39

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 39

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 39


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

He asked where his belongings were.

[A].   He said, "Where were my belongings?"
[B].   He said, "Where my belongings had been?"
[C].   He said, "Where are my belongings?"
[D].   He said, "Where would my belongings be?"


Question : 2

Walter said, 'I cannot do it now.'

[A].   Walter says that he cannot do it then.
[B].   Walter says that he could not do it now.
[C].   Walter says that he cannot do it now.
[D].   Walter said that he could not do it then.


Question : 3

He said, “ I am going to town with my father.”

[A].   He said that I am going to town with my father.
[B].   He said that he was going to town with his father.
[C].   He said that he is going to town with my father.
[D].   He told that I was going to town with my father.


Question : 4

He asked me not to worry.

[A].   He said, "He should not worry."
[B].   He said, "Oh! Don’t worry."
[C].   He said, "You do not worry."
[D].   He said, "You should not worry."


Question : 5

I said to him, "Why are you working so hard?"

[A].   I asked him why he was working so hard.
[B].   I asked him why was he working so hard.
[C].   I asked him why he had been working so hard.
[D].   I asked him why had he been working so hard.


Question : 6

The audience said, How beautifully she is singing!”

[A].   The audience said that How beautifully she is singing!.
[B].   The audience exclaimed with wonder that she was singing very beautifully.
[C].   The audience told that she is singing beautifully.
[D].   The audience exclaimed with wonder that she is singing very beautifully.


Question : 7

The doctor asked whether he had shown any recovery.

[A].   The doctor said, "Is he showing any recovery?"
[B].   The doctor said, "Has he shown any recovery?"
[C].   The doctor said, "He has shown recovery."
[D].   The doctor said, "Is he recovered?"


Question : 8

"Please bring me a glass of water", she said to me.

[A].   She requested to bring her a glass of water.
[B].   She requested me brought her a glass of water.
[C].   She requested me to bring her a glass of water.
[D].   She requested me that bring her a glass of water.


Question : 9

He said, “By God, I am speaking the truth”.

[A].   He said that by God I am speaking the truth.
[B].   He swore by God and said that he is speaking the truth.
[C].   He swore by God and said that he was speaking the truth.
[D].   He swore by God and told that he has been speaking the truth.


Question : 10

Vikas ordered that I had to complete the presentation soon.

[A].   Vikas said, "You must complete the presentation soon."
[B].   Vikas said, "You shall complete the presentation soon."
[C].   Vikas said, "You complete the presentation!"
[D].   Vikas said, "Will you complete the presentation soon?"





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment