English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-41

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 41

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 41


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

Mr. Steven said that that explanation was easier.

[A].   Mr. Steven said, "That explanation is easier!"
[B].   Mr. Steven said, "This explanation was easier."
[C].   Mr. Steven said, "This explanation could be easier."
[D].   Mr. Steven said, "This explanation is easier."


Question : 2

I said to her, “Are you going to see him off at the station?”

[A].   I asked her is she going to see him off at the station.
[B].   I told her that she was going to see him off at the station.
[C].   I asked her was she has been going to see him off at the station.
[D].   I asked her was she going to see him off at the station.


Question : 3

The gardener said to the boys, "Do not pluck the flowers".

[A].   The gardener said to the boys that they should not pluck flowers.
[B].   The gardener forbade the boys to pluck the flowers.
[C].   The gardener told the boys that they should not pluck flowers.
[D].   The gardener scolded the boys for plucking flowers.


Question : 4

He said that the grandmother would be visiting.

[A].   He said, "The grandmother will visit."
[B].   He said, "The grandmother shall visit."
[C].   He said, "The grandmother must be visiting."
[D].   He said, "The grandmother may be visiting."


Question : 5

He said, “I am telling you the truth.”

[A].   He said that he was telling you the truth.
[B].   He said that I am telling you the truth.
[C].   He told that I am telling you the truth.
[D].   He said that he is telling you the truth.


Question : 6

They said to him, "We shall visit your house tomorrow".

[A].   They said that they will go to his house the next day.
[B].   They expressed a desire to visit his house the next day.
[C].   They told him that they might visit his house the next day.
[D].   They told him that they would visit his house the next day.


Question : 7

The coach asked us if we had any doubts.

[A].   The coach said, "Has anyone have doubts?"
[B].   The coach said to us, "Any doubts?"
[C].   The coach said to us, "Do you have any doubts?"
[D].   The coach said, "Would you have doubts?"


Question : 8

I said to the boys, “Why are you teasing this poor woman?”

[A].   I said to the boys that Why are you teasing this poor woman?
[B].   I asked the boys why they were teasing that poor woman.
[C].   I asked the boys why they are teasing that poor woman.
[D].   I asked the boys why they have been teasing this poor woman.


Question : 9

My mother said to me, "Where are you going at this time of the day?"

[A].   My mother asked me where I was going at that time of the day.
[B].   My mother told me where I was going at that time of the day.
[C].   My mother told me not to go at that time of the day.
[D].   My mother asked me where was I going at that time of the day.


Question : 10

He requested the audience to maintain silence.

[A].   He said to the audience, "Please maintain silence!"
[B].   He said, "The audience must maintain silence."
[C].   He said, "Will the audience maintain silence?"
[D].   He said to the audience, "Please maintain silence."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment