English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-38

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 38

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 38


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Gunjan said that he might not come that night.

[A].   Gunjan said, "He might not come tonight."
[B].   Gunjan said, "He shall not come tonight."
[C].   Gunjan said, "He may not come tonight."
[D].   Gunjan said, "I doubt that he would come tonight."


Question : 2

"Leave the room at once Ravi", he shouted.

[A].   He ordered Ravi to leave the room at once.
[B].   He forbade Ravi to leave the room at once.
[C].   He suggested that Ravi should leave the room at once.
[D].   He requested Ravi to leave the room at once.


Question : 3

The poet said, “ What a bewitching sight !”

[A].   The poet exclaimed with sorrow that it was a very bewitching sight.
[B].   The poet said that What a bewitching sight!.
[C].   The poet exclaimed with wonder that it is a very bewitching sight.
[D].   The poet exclaimed with wonder that it was a very bewitching sight.


Question : 4

She informed me that he had met with a road accident.

[A].   She said to me, "He met with a road accident."
[B].   She said to me, "Alas! He meets with a road accident."
[C].   She said to me, "Has he met with a road accident?"
[D].   She said to me, "He did meet with a road accident."


Question : 5

'I'll take a quick nap here in this soft grass', said the hare.

[A].   The hare said that he would take a quick nap here in this soft grass.
[B].   The hare said that he would take a quick nap there in that soft grass.
[C].   The hare said he will take a quick nap here in this soft grass.
[D].   The hare said that I will take a quick nap here in this soft grass.


Question : 6

Vinay said that the maid had taken a day off.

[A].   Vinay said, "The maid is on a leave."
[B].   Vinay said, "The maid had taken a day off."
[C].   Vinay said, "The maid has taken a day off."
[D].   Vinay said, "The maid takes a day off today."


Question : 7

He said to the librarian, “The book I am returning is the best I have ever read”.

[A].   He told the librarian that the book he was returning was the best he had ever read.
[B].   He said to the librarian that the book I am returning is the best I have ever read.
[C].   He told the librarian that the book he was returning was the best I have ever read.
[D].   He said to the librarian that the book he is returning was the best he has ever read.


Question : 8

The teacher said, "Why can't you come to school on time, Reema ?"

[A].   The teacher asked Reema why she can't come to school on time.
[B].   The teacher asked Reema why can't she come to school on time.
[C].   The teacher asked Reema why couldn't she come to school on time.
[D].   The teacher asked Reema why she couldn't come to school on time.


Question : 9

I said to mother, “I am going away tomorrow”.

[A].   I said to mother that I am going away tomorrow.
[B].   I told mother that I was going away the next day.
[C].   I told mother that he was going away tomorrow.
[D].   I told mother that he has been going away the next day.


Question : 10

He said he had left two days before.

[A].   He said, "I left two days before."
[B].   He said, "I left the day before yesterday."
[C].   He said, "I leave two days before."
[D].   He said, "I leave the day before yesterday."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment