English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-31

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 31

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 31


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Ravi said, "The concert ended yesterday."

[A].   Ravi said that the concert had ended yesterday.
[B].   Ravi said that the concert ended the day before.
[C].   Ravi said that the concert had ended the previous day.
[D].   Ravi said that the concert ended already.


Question : 2

He said that the grandmother would be visiting.

[A].   He said, "The grandmother will visit."
[B].   He said, "The grandmother shall visit."
[C].   He said, "The grandmother must be visiting."
[D].   He said, "The grandmother may be visiting."


Question : 3

He asked me if I was free that afternoon.

[A].   He said, "Are you free this afternoon?"
[B].   He said, "Will you be free this after?"
[C].   He said, "If I am free this afternoon?"
[D].   He said, "Be free this afternoon."


Question : 4

The guard asked, "Who are you?"

[A].   The guard asked who he was.
[B].   The guard asked me who he was.
[C].   The guard asks me who he was.
[D].   The guard asked who I was.


Question : 5

Peter said that he would definitely come.

[A].   Peter asked, "Should I come?"
[B].   Peter said, "I will definitely come."
[C].   Peter said, "I would definitely go."
[D].   Peter said, "I shall go."


Question : 6

The coach asked us if we had any doubts.

[A].   The coach said, "Has anyone have doubts?"
[B].   The coach said to us, "Any doubts?"
[C].   The coach said to us, "Do you have any doubts?"
[D].   The coach said, "Would you have doubts?"


Question : 7

Tim said, "I may teach you if you will show sincerity."

[A].   Tim said that he might teach me if I would show sincerity.
[B].   Tim said that he may teach me at a condition.
[C].   Tim said that he could teach me had I shown sincerity.
[D].   Tim said that he will teach me if I was to show sincerity.


Question : 8

"I am going out tonight." Manisha said.

[A].   Manisha said that she was going out tonight.
[B].   Manisha said that she was going out that night.
[C].   Manisha said she was going out that night.
[D].   Manisha said that she will be going out that night.


Question : 9

Meera said, "It’s time. I must go now."

[A].   Meera said that it is time and she should leave.
[B].   Meera said that it was time and she had to go then.
[C].   Meera said that it was time to go then.
[D].   Meera said it is time and she may go.


Question : 10

He requested the audience to maintain silence.

[A].   He said to the audience, "Please maintain silence!"
[B].   He said, "The audience must maintain silence."
[C].   He said, "Will the audience maintain silence?"
[D].   He said to the audience, "Please maintain silence."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment