English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-30

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 30

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 30


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Rishabh exclaimed with grief that his friend had died.

[A].   Rishabh said, "Alas! He dies."
[B].   Rishabh said, "Alas! My friend died."
[C].   Rishabh said, "Oh! My friend died."
[D].   Rishabh said, "Oh! Ah! My friend died."


Question : 2

Parveen said, "Alas! These are difficult times."

[A].   Parveen said that those were difficult times.
[B].   Parveen said it would have been difficult times.
[C].   Parveen sighed with sorrow that those were difficult times.
[D].   Parveen exclaimed that those were difficult times.


Question : 3

Vidushi said, "We went for a summer trip."

[A].   Vidushi said that they went for a summer trip.
[B].   Vidushi said that they were on a summer trip.
[C].   Vidushi said that they had gone for a summer trip.
[D].   Vidushi said they went for a summer trip.


Question : 4

Rahul said, "I will manage hereafter."

[A].   Rahul said that he would manage hereafter.
[B].   Rahul said that he will manage thereafter.
[C].   Rahul said that he would manage thereafter.
[D].   Rahul said that he will manage hereafter.


Question : 5

He said, "Guard the door."

[A].   He pleaded with me to guard the door.
[B].   He asked if I could guard the door.
[C].   He enquired whether I may guard the door.
[D].   He commanded me to guard the door.


Question : 6

He advised me to book an appointment beforehand.

[A].   He said, "You should book an appointment beforehand."
[B].   He said, "You can book an appointment before."
[C].   He said, "You must book an appointment beforehand."
[D].   He said, "You may book an appointment before."


Question : 7

She said, "You have been late. Everybody’s here already."

[A].   She said that I had been late and everybody was there already.
[B].   She said that I was late and that everyone was there already.
[C].   She said I got late so that everybody was there already.
[D].   She said that I am late and everybody got there already.


Question : 8

He said, "I have been a great mentor."

[A].   He said that he had been a great mentor.
[B].   He said that he was a great mentor.
[C].   He exclaimed that he was a great mentor.
[D].   He said that he has been a great mentor.


Question : 9

Grandpa said, "What’s the time by your watch?"

[A].   Grandpa asked me what time it was by my watch.
[B].   Grandpa asked me what was the time by my watch.
[C].   Grandpa asked me what the time was by my watch.
[D].   Grandpa asks me what time it was by my watch.


Question : 10

Lisa said that she would be travelling the following day.

[A].   Lisa said. "I would travel tomorrow."
[B].   Lisa said, "I will be travelling tomorrow."
[C].   Lisa said, "I shall be travelling the next day."
[D].   Lisa said, "I may travel tomorrow."





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment