English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-51

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 51

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 51


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

Rita's mother said to her, “Cook the food properly”.

[A].   Rita's mother asked her if she could cook the food properly.
[B].   Rita's mother ordered her that to cook the food properly.
[C].   Rita's mothers order her to cook the food properly.
[D].   Rita's mother ordered her to cook the food properly.


Question : 2

She says to Moona, "I will teach you and Ayan."

[A].   She said Moona that she will teach him and Ayan.
[B].   She told Moona that she would teach you and Ayan.
[C].   She tells Moona that she teach you and Ayan.
[D].   She tells Moona that she will teach her and Ayan.


Question : 3

The teacher said, "Let the boy go home now".

[A].   The teacher asked if the boy might be allowed to go home then.
[B].   The teacher said the boy might be allowed to go home then.
[C].   The teacher said that the boy might be allowed to go home then.
[D].   The teacher said that the boy may be allowed to go home now.


Question : 4

My father said, “All that glitters is not gold”.

[A].   My father told that all that glitters is not gold.
[B].   My father told that all that glitters was not gold.
[C].   My father told all that glitters is not gold.
[D].   My father told all that glitters was not gold.


Question : 5

Sita said to me, “I want to continue my studies”.

[A].   Sita asked me if we want to continue her studies.
[B].   Sita told me she wanted to continue her studies.
[C].   Sita told me that she wanted to continue her studies.
[D].   Sita told me that she was to continue her studies.


Question : 6

Vijay's brother said to him, “Please wait for me”.

[A].   Vijay's brother requested him to wait for him.
[B].   Vijay's brother in called him to wait for him.
[C].   Vijay's brother requested him please to wait for him.
[D].   Vijay's brother said to him to wait for me.


Question : 7

He said, "I have often told you not to waste your time."

[A].   He said that he had often suggested to him not to waste his time
[B].   He said that he had often told him not to waste his time
[C].   He told that he had often told him not to waste his time
[D].   He said that he had often told not to waste your time


Question : 8

She said, “Oh! I have lost all my money”.

[A].   She exclaimed with sorrow that she had lost all her money.
[B].   She told with sorrow that she had lost all her money.
[C].   She exclaimed with sorrow she had lost all her money.
[D].   She exclaimed with sorrow that she has lost all her money.


Question : 9

He tells me again and again "I am leaving for Gujrat tomorrow".

[A].   He tells me again and again that he will be leaving for Gujrat the next day.
[B].   He tells me again and again that he will be leaving for Gujrat the next day.
[C].   He tells me again and again that he is leaving for Gujrat the next day.
[D].   He tells again and again he is leaving for Gujrat tomorrow.


Question : 10

One hunter said to the other, “We should hunt animals in another jungle”.

[A].   One hunter said to the other that they should hunt animals in another jungle.
[B].   One hunter suggested to the other that they should hunt animals in another jungle.
[C].   One hunter suggested to the other they should hunt animals in another jungle.
[D].   One hunter said to the other that they shall hunt animals in another jungle.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment