English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-54

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 54

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 54


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

She says, "I eat mango a day."

[A].   She says that she eat mango a day.
[B].   She tells that she eats mango a day.
[C].   She says that she eats mango a day.
[D].   She said that she eat mango a day.


Question : 2

The policeman said, “What is your name? Where are you going?

[A].   The policeman asked what was his name and where he was going.
[B].   The policeman asked his name and where he was going.
[C].   The policeman asked what is his name and where he is going.
[D].   The policeman told what was his name and where he was going.


Question : 3

You say, "I went to Paris yesterday."

[A].   You said that you went to Paris the previous day.
[B].   You tell that you went to Paris the previous day.
[C].   You say that you went to Paris the previous day.
[D].   You say that you go to Paris yesterday.


Question : 4

Ram said, “I am going to Gujarat on three days leave”.

[A].   Ram asked that he was going to Gujarat on three days leave.
[B].   Ram said that he was going to Gujarat on three days leave.
[C].   Ram said he was going to Gujarat on three days leave.
[D].   Ram told that he is going to Gujarat on three days leave.


Question : 5

He will say, "My brother will help her."

[A].   He tells that his brother will help her.
[B].   He will say that his brother will help her.
[C].   He say that his brother will help her.
[D].   He will say that his brother help her.


Question : 6

She Said, “My parents are going to Chandigarh”.

[A].   She said that my parents were going to Chandigarh.
[B].   She said that my parents gone to Chandigarh.
[C].   She said that her parents were going to Chandigarh.
[D].   She said that her parents are going to Chandigarh.


Question : 7

I said to Arshad, “Goodbye my friend, I hope to see you very soon”.

[A].   I told my friend Arshad goodbye and that I hoped to see him very soon.
[B].   I bade my friend Arshad goodbye and wished to see him very soon.
[C].   I said to my friend Arshad goodbye and wished that I would see him soon.
[D].   I addressed my friend Arshad and back him goodbye and wished to see him soon.


Question : 8

You say, "I shall visit London."

[A].   You said that you will visit London.
[B].   You say that I will visit London.
[C].   You say that you will visit London.
[D].   You tell that you will visit London.


Question : 9

I said, “My friend, be a man. Why are you afraid of confessing your guilt honestly?”

[A].   I told my friend to be a man and asked him why he was afraid of confessing his guilt honestly.
[B].   I addressed my friend and advised him to be a man.
[C].   I further asked him why he was afraid of confessing him guilt honestly.
[D].   He should be a man and confess his guilt honestly, I said.


Question : 10

She says, "She is in tenth class."

[A].   She say that she is in 0th class.
[B].   She says that she is in tenth class.
[C].   She said that she is in tenth class.
[D].   She tell that she is in tenth class.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment