English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-57

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 57

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 57


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The teacher said to Sam,"Congratulations ! Wish you success in life."

[A].   The teacher congratulated Sam and wished him success in life.
[B].   The teacher congratulate Sam and wish him success in life.
[C].   The teacher congratulate Sam and wished his success in life.
[D].   The teacher congratulate Sam and wish him success in his life.


Question : 2

He says, “This is not correct”.

[A].   He says that this is not correct.
[B].   He said that that was not correct.
[C].   He says this is not correct.
[D].   He says this was not correct.


Question : 3

I said to Ram, “Always speak the truth”.

[A].   I requested Ram to speak the truth always.
[B].   I asked the Ram speak the truth always.
[C].   I told Ram to speak the truth always.
[D].   I advised Ram to speak the truth always.


Question : 4

She has told me, “This is my house”.

[A].   She told me that that is her house.
[B].   She has told me that this was her house.
[C].   She has told me that that is her house.
[D].   She has told me that is her house.


Question : 5

She said to me, "He mostly ignores me".

[A].   She told to me that he mostly ignored me.
[B].   She said to me that he always ignore her.
[C].   She said to him that I mostly ignored her.
[D].   She said to me that he mostly ignored her.


Question : 6

Ram said to the principal, “Please grant me leave”.

[A].   Ram asked the principal to grant him live.
[B].   Ram told the principal to grant him leave.
[C].   Ram requested the principal to grant him leave.
[D].   Ram requested that the principal to grant him leave.


Question : 7

She says, “This was my fault”.

[A].   She said that that was her fault.
[B].   She says that that is her fault.
[C].   She says that was her fault.
[D].   She says that that was her fault.


Question : 8

Ram said to me, "If I hear any news, I will phone you."

[A].   Ram said me that if I heard any news, I would phone me.
[B].   Ram told me that if he hear any news, he will phone me.
[C].   Ram told me that if he heard any news, he would phone me.
[D].   Ram told me that if he hear any news, he will phone me.


Question : 9

Ajay said, “I met the principal in Jammu yesterday”.

[A].   Ajay said he had met the principal in Jammu the previous day.
[B].   Ajay said that he met the principal in Jammu the yesterday.
[C].   Ajay said that he had met the principal in Jammu the previous day.
[D].   Ajay asked that he had met the principal in Jammu the previous day.


Question : 10

The girl said, "I like sleeping."

[A].   The girl said that she like sleeping.
[B].   The girl told that she like sleeping.
[C].   The girl said that she liked sleeping.
[D].   The girl said that she had been liked sleeping.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment