English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-53

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 53

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 53


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He says to them, "You have completed your job."

[A].   He tells them that they have completed their job.
[B].   He say them that they have completed their job.
[C].   He tell them that you have completed their job.
[D].   He tells them that you have completed their job.


Question : 2

She said,” I visited Peshawar yesterday.”

[A].   She said that she had visited Peshawar the previous day.
[B].   She said that I had visited Peshawar yesterday.
[C].   She said that she visited Peshawar yesterday.
[D].   She said that she has visited Peshawar the previous day.


Question : 3

Nazir said, "I did my duty with full justice".

[A].   Nazir said that he had done his duty with full justices.
[B].   Nazir said he had done his duty with full justice.
[C].   Nazir asked if he had done his duty with full justice.
[D].   Nazir said that he was doing his duty with full justice.


Question : 4

I say, "I want to sleep."

[A].   I say that I want to sleep.
[B].   I says that I want to sleep.
[C].   I tell that I want to sleep.
[D].   I tell him that I want to sleep.


Question : 5

Vijay's brother said to him, “Please wait for me”.

[A].   Vijay's brother requested him to wait for him.
[B].   Vijay's brother in called him to wait for him.
[C].   Vijay's brother requested him please to wait for him.
[D].   Vijay's brother said to him to wait for me.


Question : 6

The History teacher says, "Magellan was the first navigator to come around the world."

[A].   The History teacher said that Magellan was the first navigator to come around the world.
[B].   The History teacher tells that Magellan were the first navigator to come around the world.
[C].   The History teacher says that Magellan was the first navigator to come around the world.
[D].   The History teacher says that Magellan is the first navigator to come around the world.


Question : 7

He said to his servant, “Leave the room at once”.

[A].   He ordered the servant to leave the room at once.
[B].   He requested the servant to leave the room at once.
[C].   He asked the servant to leave the room at once.
[D].   He ordered the servant that to leave the room at once.


Question : 8

He says, "I am glad to be here this night."

[A].   He tell that he is glad to be there that night.
[B].   He says to me he is glad to be there that night.
[C].   He said that he is glad to be there that night.
[D].   He says that he is glad to be there that night.


Question : 9

He said to me, “Do you know the fact”.

[A].   He asked me if I know the fact.
[B].   He asked me if I knew the fact.
[C].   He asked me that if I knew the fact.
[D].   He asked me do I know the fact.


Question : 10

She says, "I shall never come to you again."

[A].   She says to me that she will never come to me again.
[B].   She says that she will never come to me again.
[C].   She says to me that she never come to you again.
[D].   She said to me that she will never come to you again.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment