English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-58

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 58

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 58


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He said to me, "My Mother cooks delicious pasta every Sunday."

[A].   He told me that his mother cook delicious pasta every Sunday.
[B].   He told me that his mother cooked delicious pasta every Sunday.
[C].   He said to me that my mother cooked delicious pasta every Sunday.
[D].   He said me that my mother cookes delicious pasta every Sunday.


Question : 2

She said, "I earns a living by writing stories."

[A].   She said that she earns a living by writing stories.
[B].   She said that she earn a living by writing stories.
[C].   She told that she had earned a living by writing stories.
[D].   She said that she earned a living by writing stories.


Question : 3

He said, “I shall come tomorrow”.

[A].   He said that he would come the following day.
[B].   He said he would come the following day.
[C].   He said that he would come tomorrow.
[D].   He said that he will come the following day.


Question : 4

She said, “Oh! I have lost all my money”.

[A].   She exclaimed with sorrow that she had lost all her money.
[B].   She told with sorrow that she had lost all her money.
[C].   She exclaimed with sorrow she had lost all her money.
[D].   She exclaimed with sorrow that she has lost all her money.


Question : 5

She said, "I go to USA in 998 and I liked it very much."

[A].   She said that she went to USA in 994 and she liked it very much.
[B].   She told that she go to USA in 994 and she likes it very much.
[C].   She said that she go to USA in 994 and she like it very much.
[D].   She said that I went to USA in 994 and I liked it very much.


Question : 6

He said, “She has finished her work”.

[A].   He said that she has finished the her work.
[B].   He said she has finished her work.
[C].   He says that she has finished the hard work.
[D].   He said that she had finished her work.


Question : 7

One hunter said to the other, “We should hunt animals in another jungle”.

[A].   One hunter said to the other that they should hunt animals in another jungle.
[B].   One hunter suggested to the other that they should hunt animals in another jungle.
[C].   One hunter suggested to the other they should hunt animals in another jungle.
[D].   One hunter said to the other that they shall hunt animals in another jungle.


Question : 8

He said, "I work hard to prepare my speech."

[A].   A).He said that I worked hard to prepare my speech.
[B].   He said that he worked hard to prepare his speech.
[C].   He said to me that I worked hard to prepare my speech.
[D].   He told that he work hard to prepare his speech.


Question : 9

Ram said to his servant, “Clean the table in the room”.

[A].   Ram ordered his servant to clean the table in the room.
[B].   Ram told his servant to clean the table in the room.
[C].   Ram asked his servant to clean the table in the room.
[D].   Ram said to his servant clean the table in the room.


Question : 10

Mrs. Ram said, "I don't do business that way."

[A].   Mrs. Ram said she don't do business that way.
[B].   Mrs. Ram told that I didn't do business that way.
[C].   Mrs. Ram said she didn't do business that way.
[D].   Mrs. Ram said I don't do business that way.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment