English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-62

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 62

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 62


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

I said to my brother, “Let us go to some hill station for a change”.

[A].   I asked my brother if he would go to some hill station for a change.
[B].   I asked my brother to go to some hill station for a change.
[C].   I permitted my brother to go to some hill station for a change.
[D].   I suggested to my brother that we should go to some hill station for a change.


Question : 2

He said to him, "Is not your name Ram".

[A].   He asked whether his name was Ram.
[B].   He inquired whether his name was not Ram.
[C].   He said if his name was not Ram.
[D].   He told whether his name was not Ram.


Question : 3

He said to me, “What time do the office close?”

[A].   He asked me what time the officers did close.
[B].   He asked me what time the office close.
[C].   He said me what time did the office close.
[D].   He wanted to know what time the office close.


Question : 4

He said, "The horse died in the night".

[A].   He said the horse had died in the night.
[B].   He said that the horse had died in the night.
[C].   He said that the horse died in the night.
[D].   He said that the horse has died in the night.


Question : 5

He said, “Will you listen to such a man?”

[A].   He asked them will you listen to such a man.
[B].   He asked them would they listen to such a man.
[C].   He asked them whether they would listen to such a man.
[D].   He asked them whether they will listen to such a man.


Question : 6

He said, "I shall go as soon as possible".

[A].   He said that he would go as soon as it was possible.
[B].   He said that he would go as soon as possible.
[C].   He said he would go as soon as it was possible.
[D].   He said that he will go as soon as it was possible.


Question : 7

He said to his servant, “Why are you so lazy today?”

[A].   He asked his servant why was he so lazy that day.
[B].   He asked his servant why he was being lazy that day.
[C].   He asked his servant why he had been lazy that day.
[D].   He asked his servant why he was so lazy that day.


Question : 8

The teacher often says to me, "If you don't work hard, You will fail".

[A].   The teacher often says to me that if I don't work hard I shall fail.
[B].   The teacher often says to me if I don't work hard I shall fail.
[C].   The teacher often said to me that if I don't work hard I shall fail.
[D].   The teacher often says to me that if I didn't work hard I shall fail.


Question : 9

My friend said to me, “Has your father returned from Jammu ”?

[A].   My friend said to me that my father has returned from Jammu .
[B].   My friend asked me if my father had returned from Jammu .
[C].   My friend told me that his father had returned from Jammu .
[D].   My friend enquired me if his father had returned from Jammu .


Question : 10

He said, "Let us wait for the award".

[A].   He requested that they should wait for the award.
[B].   He told that they should wait for the award.
[C].   He proposed that they should wait for the award.
[D].   He asked them to wait for the award.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment