English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-61

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 61

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 61


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

He tells me again and again "I am leaving for Jammu tomorrow".

[A].   He tells me again and again that he is leaving for Jammu tomorrow.
[B].   He tells me again and again that he will be leaving for Jammu the next day.
[C].   He told me repeatedly that he was leaving for Jammu the next day.
[D].   He tells again and again he is leaving for Jammu next day.


Question : 2

Vijay's uncle tried out, “Call the fire brigade: there’s a fire next door”.

[A].   Vijay's uncle ordered him to call the fire brigade as there is a fire next door.
[B].   Vijay's uncle asked him to call the fire brigade since there was a fire next door.
[C].   Vijay's uncle shouted for the fire brigade to be called as there was a fire next door.
[D].   Vijay's uncle ordered to call the fire brigade to because there was a fire next door.


Question : 3

He said to his son, "May you live long"!

[A].   He told his son that he might live long.
[B].   He prayed that his son might live long.
[C].   He prayed, his son might live long.
[D].   He wished his son might live long.


Question : 4

The police man shouted to the man, “Stop or I will shoot you”.

[A].   The policeman told the man to stop, adding that if he did not he would be shoot.
[B].   The police man asked the man to stop, and added that if he did not he would shoot.
[C].   The police man ordered the man to stop and threatened that otherwise he would shoot him.
[D].   The police man ordered the man to stop or added he would not shoot him.


Question : 5

My elder brother said to me, “Please post this letter for me”.

[A].   My elder brother ordered me to please post this letter for him.
[B].   My elder brother told me to post that letter for him.
[C].   My elder brother requested me to post this letter for him.
[D].   My elder brother said to me that I should post that letter for him.


Question : 6

He said to me, “Where do you live?”

[A].   He asked me where I lived.
[B].   He told me where I lived.
[C].   He asked me where do I live.
[D].   He said to me where did I live.


Question : 7

He said to his friend, "Please wait for me".

[A].   He requested his friend to wait for him.
[B].   He said to his friend to wait for him.
[C].   He told his friend to wait for him.
[D].   He requested his friend that he should wait for him.


Question : 8

The teacher said to the children, “Now close your books and answer my question”.

[A].   The teacher ordered the children first to close their books and next to answer the question.
[B].   The teacher asked the children to close their books and answer her question.
[C].   The teacher told the children to answer the question after closing their books.
[D].   The teacher ordered the children first to close their books and next to answer the question.


Question : 9

My friend said to me, “Will you take me to my office”?

[A].   My friend told me if I would take him to his office.
[B].   My friend asked me if I would take him to his office.
[C].   My friend said to me if I will take him to his office.
[D].   My friend ask me if I would take him to his office.


Question : 10

The traveler said, "Can you show me the way to the nearest inn"?

[A].   The traveler asked that would he show him the way to the nearest inn.
[B].   The traveler requested the man if he will show him the way to the nearest inn.
[C].   The traveler requested the man if he can show him the way to the nearest inn.
[D].   The traveler asked that will he show him the way to the neatest inn.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment