English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-60

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 60

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 60


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The teacher said to his pupil, “Have you finished the work?”

[A].   The teacher asked his pupil if he had finished his work.
[B].   The teacher requested his pupil if he had finished his work.
[C].   The teacher asked his pupil that if he had finished his work.
[D].   The teacher enquired from his pupil if he has finished his work.


Question : 2

The judge said to the accused, "Hold your toungue".

[A].   The judge ordered the accused to hold his tongue.
[B].   The judge asked the accused to hold his tongue.
[C].   The judge told the accuse, hold your tongue.
[D].   The judge told the accused, hold his tongue.


Question : 3

He said to me, “Do you know the fact”.

[A].   He asked me if I know the fact.
[B].   He asked me if I knew the fact.
[C].   He asked me that if I knew the fact.
[D].   He asked me do I know the fact.


Question : 4

Vijay's brother said to him, “Please wait for me”.

[A].   Vijay's brother requested him to wait for him.
[B].   Vijay's brother in called him to wait for him.
[C].   Vijay's brother requested him please to wait for him.
[D].   Vijay's brother said to him to wait for me.


Question : 5

I said to him, "Good morning, how do you do".

[A].   I said to him that good morning, how he did.
[B].   I wished him good morning and asked him how he did.
[C].   I told him good morning and asked him how he did.
[D].   I said to him good morning and asked him how he did.


Question : 6

He said to me, “I may not be able to reach the court in time”.

[A].   He told me that he might not be able to reach the court in time.
[B].   He asked me that he might not be able to reach the court in time.
[C].   He told me he might not be able to reach the court in time.
[D].   He said to me that he may not be able to reach the court in time.


Question : 7

The teacher said to a student, “Don't waste your time”.

[A].   The teacher requested a student not to waste the time.
[B].   The teacher ordered a student not to waste the time.
[C].   The teacher asked a student not to waste the time.
[D].   The teacher ordered a student that not to waste the time.


Question : 8

The teacher said, "Let the boy go home now".

[A].   The teacher asked if the boy might be allowed to go home then.
[B].   The teacher said the boy might be allowed to go home then.
[C].   The teacher said that the boy might be allowed to go home then.
[D].   The teacher said that the boy may be allowed to go home now.


Question : 9

The police officer said to a culprit, “Don't try to be clever”.

[A].   The police officer asked the culprit not to try to be clever.
[B].   The police officer called the culprit not to try to be clever.
[C].   The police officer ordered a culprit not to try to be clever.
[D].   The police officer ordered to culprit that not to try to be clever.


Question : 10

He said, "I shall get up early in the morning".

[A].   He said that he would get up early in the morning.
[B].   He said he would get up early in the morning.
[C].   He said that he will get up early in the morning.
[D].   He asked that he would get up early in the morning.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment