English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-67

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 67

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 67


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

She said,” I visited Peshawar yesterday.”

[A].   She said that she had visited Peshawar the previous day.
[B].   She said that I had visited Peshawar yesterday.
[C].   She said that she visited Peshawar yesterday.
[D].   She said that she has visited Peshawar the previous day.


Question : 2

Aiman said to Saqib, "Will you help me in my work just now?"

[A].   Aiman told Saqib whether he will help her in her work just now.
[B].   Aiman asked to Saqib that will he help her in her work just now.
[C].   Aiman asked Saqib if he would help her in her work just then.
[D].   Aiman questioned to Saqib that will you help me in my work just now.


Question : 3

Nazir said, "I did my duty with full justice".

[A].   Nazir said that he had done his duty with full justices.
[B].   Nazir said he had done his duty with full justice.
[C].   Nazir asked if he had done his duty with full justice.
[D].   Nazir said that he was doing his duty with full justice.


Question : 4

Raj said,” I have a dental appointment this evening.”

[A].   Raj said that he have a dental appointment this evening.
[B].   Raj said that he had a dental appointment this evening.
[C].   Raj said that he has a dental appointment this evening.
[D].   Raj said that he had a dental appointment that evening.


Question : 5

“You can’t bathe in this sea,” he said to me, “it’s very rough.”

[A].   He said that you couldn’t bathe in that sea if it was very rough.
[B].   He said that I can’t bathe in this sea because it’s very rough.
[C].   He said that I couldn’t bathe in that sea as it was very rough.
[D].   He said that you can’t bathe in this sea since it was very rough.


Question : 6

Tariq said, "Hurrah! I have won the match"!

[A].   Tariq exclaimed with joy that he had won the match.
[B].   Tariq said with joy that he had won the match.
[C].   Tariq exclaimed with joy, he had won the match.
[D].   Tariq exclaimed with joy that he has won the match.


Question : 7

He said, “I need your help now.”

[A].   He said he need my help now.
[B].   He said that he needed my help then.
[C].   He said that I needed your help now.
[D].   None of these


Question : 8

“What about going for a swim,” he said, “It’s quite fine now.”

[A].   He asked me what about going for a swim as it was quite fine them.
[B].   He advised to me go for a swim as it was quite fine.
[C].   He proposed going for a swim as it was quite fine.
[D].   He suggested going for a swim as it was quite fine.


Question : 9

Sajid said, "Alas! How foolish I have been"!

[A].   Sajid said with sorrow that he had been very foolish.
[B].   Sajid exclaimed with sorrow that he had been very foolish.
[C].   Sajid exclaimed with sorrow as he had been very foolish.
[D].   Said exclaimed with sorrow that he is very foolish.


Question : 10

My friend said,” I will meet you tomorrow.”

[A].   My friend said that he will meet me tomorrow.
[B].   My friend said that he would meet me the next day.
[C].   My friend said he would meet me tomorrow.
[D].   My friend said that he will meet me tomorrow.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment