English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-74

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 74

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 74


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

"You can't bathe in this sea," he said to me, "it's very rough."

[A].   He said that I can't bathe in this sea because it's very rough.
[B].   He said that you couldn't bathe in the sea if it was very rough.
[C].   He said that I couldn't bathe in that sea as it was very rough.
[D].   He said that you can't bathe in this sea since it was very rough.


Question : 2

My cousin said, "My room-mate snored throught the night."

[A].   My cousin told me that her room-mate snored throughout the night.
[B].   My cousin felt that her room-mate may be snoring throughout the night.
[C].   My cousin said that her room-mate had snored throughout the night.
[D].   My cousin complained to me that her room-mate is snoring throughout the night.


Question : 3

Dhruv said that he was sick and tired of working for that company.

[A].   Dhruv said, "I am sick and tired of working for this company."
[B].   Dhruv said, "He was tired of that company."
[C].   Dhruv said to me, "I am sick and tired of working for this company."
[D].   Dhruv said, "I will be tired of working for that company."


Question : 4

"What about going for swim," he said, "It's quite fine now."

[A].   He asked me what about going for a swim as it was quite fine then.
[B].   He proposed going for swim as it was quite fine.
[C].   He suggested going for a swim as it was quite fine.
[D].   He advised me to go for a swim as it was quite fine.


Question : 5

He said, "What a beautiful scene !"

[A].   He exclaimed that it was a very beautiful scene.
[B].   He exclaimed what a beautiful scene it was.
[C].   He wondered that it was a beautiful scene.
[D].   He said that what a beautiful scene it was.


Question : 6

Rohit asked Geeta, "Could you lend me a hundred rupees until tomorrow ?"

[A].   Rohit asked Geeta whether she could lend him a hundred rupees until tomorrow.
[B].   Rohit asked Geeta whether she could lend him a hundred rupees until the next day.
[C].   Rohit asked Geeta whether she could lend me a hundred rupees untill the next day.
[D].   Rohit asked whether Geeta could lend me a hundred rupees until the next day.


Question : 7

The father warned his son that he should be beware of him.

[A].   The father warned his son, "beware of him !"
[B].   The father warned his son, "Watch that chap !"
[C].   The father warned his son, "Be careful about him."
[D].   The father warned his son, "Don't fall into the trap."


Question : 8

Pinki said to Gaurav, "Will you help me in my work just now?"

[A].   Pinki told Gaurav whether he will help her in her work just now.
[B].   Pinki asked to Gaurav that will he help her in her work just now.
[C].   Pinki asked Gaurav if he would help her in her work just then.
[D].   Pinki questioned to Gaurav that will you help me in my work just now.


Question : 9

Manna asked Rohan, "Have you sat in a trolley bus before ?"

[A].   Manna asked Rohan had he sat in a trolley bus earlier.
[B].   Manna asked Rohan had he sat in a trolley bus before.
[C].   Manna asked Rohan if he sat on a trolley bus before.
[D].   Manna asked Rohan if he has ever sat in a trolley bus.


Question : 10

She said to him, "Why don't you go today?"

[A].   She asked him if he was going that day.
[B].   She asked him why he did not go that day.
[C].   She asked him why he did not go today.
[D].   She said to him that why he don't go today.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment