English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-81

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 81

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 81


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The spectators said, "Bravo! well played, Ravi."

[A].   The spectators called Ravi bravo because he had played well.
[B].   The spectators said that Ravi played well and applauded him.
[C].   The spectators encouraged Ravi saying that he played well.
[D].   The spectators applauded Ravi, saying that he had played well.


Question : 2

"If you don't keep quiet I shall shoot you, " he said to her in a calm voice.

[A].   He warned her to shoot if she didn't keep quiet calmly.
[B].   He said calmly that i shall shoot you if you don't be quiet.
[C].   He warned her calmly that he would shoot her if she didn't keep quiet.
[D].   Calmly he warned her that be quiet or else he will have to shoot her.


Question : 3

He says to me, "I trust you and have high expectations".

[A].   He says to me that I trust you and have high expectations.
[B].   He says to me that he has trust me and have high expectations.
[C].   He says to me that he having trust me and having high expectations.
[D].   He says me that he trusts me and have high expectations.


Question : 4

She said, "Are you willing to go with us?"

[A].   she asked if you were willing to go with us
[B].   She asked if you are willing to go with us.
[C].   She said if you have been willing to go with us.
[D].   She asked if I was willing to go with them


Question : 5

He said, "I have often told you not to waste your time."

[A].   He said that he had often told not to waste your time.
[B].   He said that he had often told him not to waste your time.
[C].   He said that he had often suggested to him not to waste his time.
[D].   He told that he had often told him not to waste his time.


Question : 6

A boy said to him, "May I take your camera, I need it for my trip".

[A].   A boy said him if he may take his camerHe need if for his trip.
[B].   A boy asked him if I may take your came. I need it for my trip.
[C].   A boy asked him if he might take his camerHe needed it for his trip.
[D].   A boy asked him if I might be taken his camerHe needed for his trip.


Question : 7

She said to me, "Where do you play"? When you have time in the evening".

[A].   She said where I paly, when I have time in the evening.
[B].   She said that where you play, when you have time in the evening.
[C].   She asked where I play, when I have time in the evening.
[D].   She asked where I played, when I had time in the evening.


Question : 8

"Are you alone, my son?" asked a soft voice close behind me.

[A].   A soft voice from my back asked if I was alone.
[B].   A soft voice said to me are you alone son.
[C].   A soft voice asked that what I was doing there alone.
[D].   A soft voice behind me asked if I was alone.


Question : 9

A teacher said to the student, "Didn't you listen what I said? You must be careful during lecture".

[A].   A teacher said to the students if they heard what she said and they careful during lecture.
[B].   A teacher asked to the students if they had heard what she had said and they had to be careful durin
[C].   A teacher asked to the students if they did hear what she said and they had to be careful during lec
[D].   A teacher ask to the students if they have heard what she has said and they have to be careful durin


Question : 10

He said to me, "Where is the post office?"

[A].   He wanted to know where the post office was.
[B].   He asked me that where the post office was.
[C].   He asked me where the post office was.
[D].   He asked me where was the post office.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment