English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-75

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 75

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 75


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

The poor examine said,"O God, take pity on me."

[A].   The poor examine prayed God to take pity on him.
[B].   The poor examine, involving God, implored him to take pity on him.
[C].   The poor examine exclaimed that God take pity on him.
[D].   The poor examine asked God to take pity on him.


Question : 2

He said to them, "Don't make a noise."

[A].   He told them not to make noise.
[B].   He told them not to make a noise.
[C].   He asked them not to make a noise.
[D].   He told them that don't make a noise


Question : 3

Seeta said to me, " Can you give me your pen ?"

[A].   Seeta asked me can I give her my pen.
[B].   Seeta asked me if I can give me your pen.
[C].   Seeta asked me if I could give her my pen.
[D].   Seeta asked me if i could give her my pen.


Question : 4

The teacher said to Ram,"Congratulations ! Wish you success in life."

[A].   The teacher congratulated Ram and said wish you success in life.
[B].   The teacher wished congratulations and success in life to Ram.
[C].   The teacher wished congratulations to Ram and wished him success in life.
[D].   The teacher congratulated Ram and wished him success in life.


Question : 5

My friend said to me, "Has your father returned from Calcutta"

[A].   My friend enquired me if his father had returned from Calcutt
[B].   My friend asked me if my father had returned from Calcutt
[C].   My friend said to me that my father has returned from Calcutt
[D].   My friend told me that his father had returned from Calcutt


Question : 6

"Where will you be tomorrow," I said, "in case I have to ring you ?"

[A].   I asked where you will be the next day in case I will ring him.
[B].   I asked where he would be the next day in case I had to ring him.
[C].   I said to him where he will be in case I have to ring him.
[D].   I enquired about his where about the next day in case I would have to ring up.


Question : 7

Rohan said, "We shall go to see the Taj in the moonlit night":

[A].   Rohan said that we shall go to see the Taj in the moonlit night.
[B].   Rohan told that we shall go to see the Taj in moonlit night.
[C].   Rohan told that we should go to see the Taj in the moonlit night.
[D].   Rohan said that they should go to see the Taj in moonlit night.


Question : 8

"Please don't go away", she sai

[A].   She begged me not to go away.
[B].   She begged that I not go away.
[C].   She said to please her and not go away.
[D].   She told me not to go away.


Question : 9

The government has announced, "Taxes will be raised":

[A].   The government has announced that taxes would be raised.
[B].   The government has announced that taxes would raised.
[C].   The government has announced that taxes will be raised.
[D].   The government has announced taxes will be raised.


Question : 10

Rajesh said, "I bought a car yesterday."

[A].   Rajesh told that he had bought a car yesterday.
[B].   Rajesh said that he bought a car the previous day.
[C].   Rajesh said that I have bought a car the previous day.
[D].   Rajesh said that he had bought a car the previous day.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment