English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-82

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 82

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 82


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He said, "The mice will play, when the cat is away."

[A].   He said that the mice will play when the cat is away.
[B].   He said that the mice would play when the cat was away.
[C].   He said that the mice would play when the cat would be away.
[D].   He said that the mice shall play, when the cat is away.


Question : 2

He said, "I cannot understand your words sister, please repeat for me again."

[A].   He said to his sister that he cannot understand her words and want her to repeat for him again.
[B].   He said to his sister that he could not understand her words and wanted her to repeat for him again.
[C].   He said to his sister that he cannot be understand her words and wants her to repeat for him again.
[D].   He said to his sister that I cannot understand her words and what her to repeat for him again.


Question : 3

She said to him, "Where were you last week?"

[A].   She asked him where he had been the week before.
[B].   She asked him where he was the week before.
[C].   She asked him where he had the week before.
[D].   She asked him where have you been the week before.


Question : 4

He said to me, "What time do the offices close?"

[A].   He wanted to know what time the offices close.
[B].   He asked me what time did the offices close.
[C].   He asked me what time the offices closed.
[D].   He asked me what time the offices did close.


Question : 5

I said, "I do work hard to achieve my dreams".

[A].   I said that I did work hard to achieve my dreams.
[B].   I said that I do work hard to achieve my dreams.
[C].   I said that I had to work hard to achieve my dreams.
[D].   I said that I have to work hard to achieve my dreams.


Question : 6

A waitress said to me, "Would you like to have a cup of tea?"

[A].   A waitress said me what I will like to have a cup of tea.
[B].   A waitress asked me will you like have a cup of tea.
[C].   A waitress asked me if I would like to have a cup of tea.
[D].   A waitress asked me if I will like to have a cup of tea.


Question : 7

Rajesh said, "I bought a car yesterday."

[A].   Rajesh said that I have bought a car the previous day.
[B].   Rajesh told us that he had bought a car yesterday.
[C].   Rajesh said that he bought a car the previous day.
[D].   Rajesh said that he had bought a car the previous day.


Question : 8

She says, "I did not finish my work."

[A].   She says that she had not finish her homework.
[B].   She says that she did not finish her homework.
[C].   She says that she was not finished her homework.
[D].   She says that she had not been finish her homework.


Question : 9

He said to me, "Do not disturb me and get out of my room now."

[A].   He forbade me to disturb him and ordered to get out of his room then.
[B].   He asked me not disturb and get out of his room then.
[C].   He forbade me to disturb him and ordered to got out of my room now.
[D].   He said to me not to disturb me and orders to get out of my room then.


Question : 10

"Please don't go away", she said.

[A].   She said to please her and not go away.
[B].   She told me not to go away.
[C].   She begged that I not go away.
[D].   She begged me not to go away.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment