English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-90

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 90

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 90


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

My father said to me, "You must work hard".

[A].   My father said to me that I must work hard.
[B].   My father said to me that you must work hard.
[C].   My father said to me that you have to work hard.
[D].   My father said to me that I had to work hard.


Question : 2

I said to him, "Why are you working so hard?"

[A].   I asked him why he was working so hard.
[B].   I asked him why was he working so hard.
[C].   I asked him why had he been working so hard.
[D].   I asked him why he had been working so hard.


Question : 3

I said, "Where are you going?"

[A].   I enquired of them where they were going.
[B].   I enquired of them where they are going.
[C].   I enquired of them where were you going.
[D].   I enquired of them where are you going.


Question : 4

Rohan said to me, "If I hear any news, I'll phone you."

[A].   Rohan told me that if he heard any news, he will phone me.
[B].   Rohan told me that if he will hear my news, he will phone me.
[C].   Rohan told me that if he had heard any news, he would phone me.
[D].   Rohan told me that if he heard any news, he would phone me.


Question : 5

He says, "This pen is mine".

[A].   He says that this pen was his.
[B].   He says that this pen was mine.
[C].   He said that this pen is mine.
[D].   He says that this pen is his.


Question : 6

My cousin said, "My room-mate had snored throughout the night."

[A].   My cousin said that her room-mate snored throughout the night.
[B].   My cousin told me that her room-mate snored throughout the night.
[C].   My cousin complained to me that her room-mate is snoring throughout the night.
[D].   My cousin felt that her room-mate may be snoring throughout the night.


Question : 7

Mother said, "Always speak the truth".

[A].   Mother advised to always speak the truth.
[B].   Mother advised to always spoke the truth.
[C].   Mother advised to always spoken the truth.
[D].   Mother is advised to always spoke the truth.


Question : 8

He says, ''I don't want to play anymore."

[A].   He says that he doesn't want to play anymore.
[B].   He says that I don't want to play anymore.
[C].   He says that I didn't want to play anymore.
[D].   He says that he didn't want to play anymore.


Question : 9

He says, "They will hurt you".

[A].   He said to me that they will hurt me.
[B].   He said to me that he would be hurt me.
[C].   He said to me that they would hurt me.
[D].   He said to me that they would hurt you.


Question : 10

Manna asked Rohan, "Have you sat in a trolley bus before?"

[A].   Manna asked Rohan had he sat in a trolley bus earlier.
[B].   Manna asked Rohan had he sat in a trolley bus before.
[C].   Manna asked Rohan if he sat on a trolley bus before.
[D].   Manna asked Rohan if he has ever sat in a trolley bus.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment