English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-89

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 89

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 89


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

Mother said, "Where are you going?"

[A].   Mother said me where I am going.
[B].   Mother said to me where are you going.
[C].   Mother asked where I was going.
[D].   Mother asked me where I am going.


Question : 2

My father said to me, "May you succeed!"

[A].   My father pray that I may succeed.
[B].   My father prayed that I might succeed.
[C].   My father prayed I might be succeed.
[D].   My father prayed I may be succeed.


Question : 3

"Did you come from France"?, said Sara to the boy.

[A].   Sara asked the boy if he had come from France.
[B].   Sara asked the boy if he come from France.
[C].   Sara asked the boy if he came from France.
[D].   Sara said the boy did he come from France.


Question : 4

A grandmother says, "I pray for your success".

[A].   A grandmother prayed for my success.
[B].   A grandmother is prayed for my success.
[C].   A grandmother pray for my success.
[D].   A grandmother was prayed for my success.


Question : 5

You said, "You have brought books for me".

[A].   You said that you brought books for me.
[B].   You said that you had brought books for me.
[C].   You said that you have brought books for me.
[D].   You said that you have been brought books for me.


Question : 6

The boy said, "May it rain today."

[A].   The boy prays that it may rain today.
[B].   The boy prayed that it may rain that day.
[C].   They boy prayed that it may rained that day.
[D].   The boy prayed that it might rain that day.


Question : 7

My uncle said to me, "How is your studies going on now?".

[A].   My uncle asked me how was my studies going then.
[B].   My uncle asked me how is your studies going on now.
[C].   My uncle asked me how my studies was going on then.
[D].   My uncle asked me how my studies going on then.


Question : 8

They said, "Alas! We have lost the match".

[A].   They said that they lost the match.
[B].   They said that we have lost the match.
[C].   They exclaimed sadly that they lost the match.
[D].   They exclaimed sadly that they had lost the match.


Question : 9

He says, "I do not like blue color".

[A].   He says that he did not like blue color.
[B].   He says that he does not like blue color.
[C].   He says that I do not like blue color.
[D].   He says that I did not like blue color.


Question : 10

I say to my son, "May you succeed".

[A].   I wish to my son success.
[B].   I wished to my son success.
[C].   I say to my son success.
[D].   I wish to my son succeed.Answer





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment