English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-85

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 85

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 85


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

"Please bring butter and milk, I need these two things for cake, which I am making for my mother's birthday." She said.

[A].   She said to bring butter and milk she needs these two things for cake which she is making for her mo
[B].   She said to brought butter and milk she needed these two things for cake she made for her mother's b
[C].   She was requested to bring butter and milk, she was needed those two things for cake which she make
[D].   She requested to bring, butter and milk, she need those two things for cake which she was making for


Question : 2

Student said to the teacher, "Please give me one day leave, I have a fever."

[A].   Student requested to the teacher to give him one day leave he had a fever.
[B].   Student request to the teacher to gave him one day leave he had a fever.
[C].   Student requested to the teacher to give me one day leave i have a fever.
[D].   Students asks to the teacher to give me one day leave i had a fever.


Question : 3

I said to her, "Why did he deceive you?"

[A].   I asked her why he deceived you.
[B].   I asked her why he had been deceived you.
[C].   I asked her why he has deceived you.
[D].   I asked her why he had deceived you.


Question : 4

A leader said, "I am surprised most people want democracy without knowing the demands of democracy!"

[A].   A leader said that most people wanted democracy without know the demands of democracy.
[B].   A leader exclaimed with great astonishment that most people wanted democracy without knowing the dem
[C].   A leader said that he is surprised most people want democracy without know the demands of democracy.
[D].   A leader exclaimed with great astonishment that he was surprised that most people want democracy wit


Question : 5

I said to her, "Why did he deceive you?"

[A].   I asked her why he deceived you.
[B].   I asked her why he had been deceived you.
[C].   I asked her why he has deceived you.
[D].   I asked her why he had deceived you.


Question : 6

Father says to the son, "You should get up early in the morning so you will not be late for school."

[A].   Father advised to the son that he should be got up early in the morning thus he would not be late fo
[B].   Father advises to the son that he should get up early in the morning thus he will not be late for sc
[C].   Father has advised to the son that you should get up early in the morning thus you will not late for
[D].   Father advises to the son that you should get up early in the morning thus you would not be late for


Question : 7

I said to her, "Is your mother at home"?

[A].   I said to her that Is her mother at home.
[B].   I asked to her was her mother at home.
[C].   I asked her that is your mother at home.
[D].   I asked her if her mother was at home.


Question : 8

We said to them, "congratulations!".

[A].   We said them congratulations.
[B].   We congratulated them.
[C].   We said them congratulations.
[D].   We have said them congratulations.


Question : 9

I said to her, "Are you ill today?"

[A].   I asked her if she was ill that day.
[B].   I asked her if she is ill today.
[C].   I asked her if she ill today.
[D].   I ask her if she been ill today.


Question : 10

He says to me, "I trust you and have high expectations."

[A].   He says to me that I trust you and have high expectations.
[B].   He says to me that he has trust me and have high expectations.
[C].   He says to me that he having trust me and having high expectations.
[D].   He says me that he trusts me and have high expectations.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment