English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-94

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 94

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 94


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He said to them, "Don't make a noise"

[A].   He told them that don't make a noise
[B].   He told them not make a noise
[C].   He asked them not to make a noise
[D].   He ordered them not to make a noise


Question : 2

She said, "If you work hard, you will take good marks."

[A].   My teacher advised if I work hard I could take good marks.
[B].   My teacher advises if you work hard you will take good marks.
[C].   My teacher advises if I work hard I will take good marks.
[D].   My teacher advised that I worked hard I would take good marks.


Question : 3

I said to him, "I cannot help you".

[A].   I said to him that I cannot help him.
[B].   I said to him that I could not help him.
[C].   I said to him that I could not be help you.
[D].   I said to him that I could not be helped him.


Question : 4

The Captain said, "Hurrah ! we scored a goal."

[A].   The Captain exclaimed excitedly scoring a goal.
[B].   The Captain exclaimed with joy that they had scored a goal.
[C].   The Captain express joy that they had scored a goal.
[D].   The Captain was jubilant at having score a goal.


Question : 5

You said, "It gives me great pleasure to be with my friend, we have great time ever."

[A].   You said that it gave him great pleasure to be with his friend we had great time ever.
[B].   You said that it gave you great pleasure to be with your friend you had great time ever.
[C].   You said it gives me great pleasure to be with my friend we have great time ever.
[D].   You said that it has given you great pleasure to be with your friend you have great time ever.


Question : 6

Mother says, "I am happy on your good marks".

[A].   Mother says that she was happy on my good marks.
[B].   Mother says that she is happy on my good marks.
[C].   Mother says that she is happy on your good marks.
[D].   Mother says that she was happy on your good marks.


Question : 7

My cousin said, "My room-mate snores throughout the night"

[A].   My cousin said that her room-mate snored throughout the night
[B].   My cousin told that her room-mate snored throughout the night
[C].   My cousin complained to me that her room-mate is snoring throughout the night
[D].   My cousin felt that her room-mate may be snoring throughout the night


Question : 8

He said, "Are you doing your job?"

[A].   He asked me that I am doing my job.
[B].   He asked me that I was doing my job.
[C].   He said to me am I doing my job.
[D].   He asked me whether I was doing my job.


Question : 9

They have said, "He is solving the sums."

[A].   They had said that he solved the sums.
[B].   They have been said that he is solving the sums.
[C].   They have said that he is solving the sums.
[D].   They have said that he was solving the sums


Question : 10

"Please don't kill me" Rajiv said to the attackers

[A].   Rajiv begged the attacker to not to killed him
[B].   Rajiv begged the attacker not to kill him
[C].   Rajiv asked the attacker to not kill him
[D].   Rajiv pleaded with the attacker to not to kill him





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment