English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-92

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 92

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 92


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He said that he would go as soon as it was possible.

[A].   He said, "I shall go as soon as it is possible."
[B].   He said to me "I want to go as soon as it is possible."
[C].   He said, "she will go as soon as it is possible."
[D].   He said that, "I shall go as soon as it is possible."


Question : 2

They said, "Bravo! We have done well".

[A].   They said that they have done well.
[B].   They applauded with saying that they had done well.
[C].   They applauded with saying that they had been done well.
[D].   They applaud with saying that they have done well.


Question : 3

I said to him, "I don't believe you."

[A].   I said to him that I do not believe you.
[B].   I said to him that I did not believe him.
[C].   I said to him that I do not believe him.
[D].   I said to him that I am not believe him.


Question : 4

Radha ordered Pankaj to go away.

[A].   Radha ordered to Pankaj "Go away".
[B].   Radha said to Pankaj "Go away."
[C].   Radha said "Will you go away Pankaj ?"
[D].   Radha ordered Pankaj "Please go away".


Question : 5

He said, "What is your name?"

[A].   He asked my name.
[B].   He asked me what my name was.
[C].   He asks me what my name is.
[D].   He asked me what my name is.


Question : 6

Who is creating this mess ?

[A].   Who has created this mess ?
[B].   By whom was this mess created ?
[C].   Who created this mess ?
[D].   By who is this mess being created ?


Question : 7

They said to me, "When will you go back?"

[A].   They asked me when I will go back.
[B].   They asked me when you will go back.
[C].   They asked to me when would you go back.
[D].   They asked me when I will be go back.


Question : 8

My teacher said, "The Earth is round."

[A].   My teacher said that the Earth was round.
[B].   My teacher said that the Earth rounded.
[C].   My teacher said that the Earth is round.
[D].   My teacher said that Earth has round.


Question : 9

Father said to the son, "Where have you been all night?"

[A].   Father asked to the son where was he all night.
[B].   father asked to the son where he had been all night.
[C].   Father said to the son where has he all night.
[D].   Father ask to the son where he been all night.


Question : 10

She told me that she would do it next month

[A].   She said to me, "I shall do it next month"
[B].   She said to me, "I shall do it the coing month"
[C].   She said to me, "I shall be doing it the following month"
[D].   She said to me, "I shall be doing it the next month"





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment