English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-98

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 98

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 98


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He says, "They will hurt you".

[A].   He said to me that they will hurt me.
[B].   He said to me that he would be hurt me.
[C].   He said to me that they would hurt me.
[D].   He said to me that they would hurt you.


Question : 2

I said, "I had been teaching in school for 9 years."

[A].   I said that I have been teaching in school for 9 years.
[B].   I said that I had been teaching in school for 9 years.
[C].   I told that she had been teaching in school for 9 years.
[D].   I told that I am being teaching in school for 9 years.


Question : 3

I said to her, "Why did he deceive you?"

[A].   I asked her why he deceived you.
[B].   I asked her why he had been deceived you.
[C].   I asked her why he has deceived you.
[D].   I asked her why he had deceived you.


Question : 4

They said to me, "Will you join us in the party

[A].   They said to me would you join us in party.
[B].   They asked me if I would join them in a party.
[C].   They asked me will you join us in a party.
[D].   They asked me would I joined them in a party.


Question : 5

Mother said, "Always speak the truth".

[A].   Mother advised to always speak the truth.
[B].   Mother advised to always spoke the truth.
[C].   Mother advised to always spoken the truth.
[D].   Mother is advised to always spoke the truth.


Question : 6

She said, "I hope, I will not late".

[A].   She said that she would not late.
[B].   She wished that she will not late.
[C].   She has wished that she will not late.
[D].   She wished that she would not late.


Question : 7

He says, "This pen is mine".

[A].   He says that this pen was his.
[B].   He says that this pen was mine.
[C].   He said that this pen is mine.
[D].   He says that this pen is his.


Question : 8

The teacher said to the student, "Respect your parents."

[A].   The teacher advised to the students to respect their parents.
[B].   The teacher advises to the students to respect their parents.
[C].   The teacher advised students respected their parents.
[D].   The teacher is advised to the students to respect their parents.


Question : 9

I said, "Where are you going?"

[A].   I enquired of them where they were going.
[B].   I enquired of them where they are going.
[C].   I enquired of them where were you going.
[D].   I enquired of them where are you going.


Question : 10

He said, "I do not agree with you.

[A].   He said that he does not agreed with me.
[B].   He said that I did not agree with you.
[C].   He said that he had not agree with me.
[D].   He said that he did not agree with me.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment