English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-99

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 99

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 99


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

You said, "You have brought books for me".

[A].   You said that you brought books for me.
[B].   You said that you had brought books for me.
[C].   You said that you have brought books for me.
[D].   You said that you have been brought books for me.


Question : 2

They said to him, "We do not believe you because you never keep your promises".

[A].   They said to him that they do not believe him because he never keeps his promises.
[B].   They said to him that they did not believe him because he never kept his promises.
[C].   They said to him that they had not believed him because he never kept his promises.
[D].   They said to him that they have not believed him because he never keeps his promises.


Question : 3

"Did you come from France"?, said Sara to the boy.

[A].   Sara asked the boy if he had come from France.
[B].   Sara asked the boy if he come from France.
[C].   Sara asked the boy if he came from France.
[D].   Sara said the boy did he come from France.


Question : 4

The driver said to the boy, "Please do not smoke in the van."

[A].   The driver requests to the boy not to smoke in the van.
[B].   The driver requested to the boy not to smoke into the van.
[C].   The driver requested to the boy not to smoking in the van.
[D].   The driver asks to the boy not to smoke in the van.


Question : 5

Mother said, "Where are you going?"

[A].   Mother said me where I am going.
[B].   Mother said to me where are you going.
[C].   Mother asked where I was going.
[D].   Mother asked me where I am going.


Question : 6

I said to her, "Are you ill today?"

[A].   I asked her if she was ill that day.
[B].   I asked her if she is ill today.
[C].   I asked her if she ill today.
[D].   I ask her if she been ill today.


Question : 7

She said, "My parents are going to Karachi".

[A].   She said that my parents going to Karachi.
[B].   She said that my parents gone to Karachi.
[C].   She said that her parents were going to Karachi.
[D].   She said that her parents are going to Karachi.


Question : 8

I said, "He was in the class, when I entered it".

[A].   I said that he had in the class, when I entered it.
[B].   I said that he had been in the class, when I entered it.
[C].   I said that he was in the class, when I entered it.
[D].   I said that he has been in the class, when I entered it.


Question : 9

My father said to me, "You must work hard".

[A].   My father said to me that I must work hard.
[B].   My father said to me that you must work hard.
[C].   My father said to me that you have to work hard.
[D].   My father said to me that I had to work hard.


Question : 10

I said to her, "Is your mother at home"?

[A].   I said to her that Is her mother at home.
[B].   I asked to her was her mother at home.
[C].   I asked her that is your mother at home.
[D].   I asked her if her mother was at home.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment