English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-100

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 100

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 100


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

She said to him, "Do not tell a lie".

[A].   She asked him to not told a lie.
[B].   She forbade him to told a lie.
[C].   She forbade him to telling a lie.
[D].   She forbade him to tell a lie.


Question : 2

You said, "He was there".

[A].   You said that he had been here.
[B].   You said the he was there.
[C].   You said that he had there.
[D].   You said that he is there.


Question : 3

The clerk said to the Sir, "May I come in?"

[A].   The clerk asked the sir may he come in.
[B].   The clerk ask the sir might he come in.
[C].   The clerk asked the sir respectfully, if he might come in.
[D].   The clerk asked the sir he might come in.


Question : 4

My uncle said to me, "How is your studies going on now?".

[A].   My uncle asked me how was my studies going then.
[B].   My uncle asked me how is your studies going on now.
[C].   My uncle asked me how my studies was going on then.
[D].   My uncle asked me how my studies going on then.


Question : 5

She said to him, "Where are you living"?

[A].   She said to him where he lived.
[B].   She asked him where he was living.
[C].   She asked me where I am living.
[D].   She asked him where he was lived.


Question : 6

You will say, "I want to speak to you".

[A].   You would say that you wanted to speak to me.
[B].   You will say that you want to speak to me.
[C].   You will say that you wanted to speak to me.
[D].   You will be saying that you want to speak to me.


Question : 7

A doctor will say, "A nurse will look after the patients".

[A].   A doctor will say that a nurse will look after the patients.
[B].   A doctor will say that a nurse would look after the patient.
[C].   A doctor would say that a nurse will look after the patients.
[D].   A doctor will say that a nurse would be look after the patient.


Question : 8

"Where does she live?" asked the boy.

[A].   The boy asked where is she lived?
[B].   The boy asked where does she live?
[C].   The boy enquired where she lived.
[D].   The boy enquired where did she live.


Question : 9

She said to me, "He mostly ignores me".

[A].   she said to me that he mostly ignores her.
[B].   She said to me that he mostly ignored me.
[C].   She said to me that he mostly ignored her.
[D].   She said to me that he is mostly ignored me.


Question : 10

Mother said to me, "Can you solve this question? "Yes, mom" Said I.

[A].   Mother said me could I solve the question.I said that I could.
[B].   Mother said me can you solve the question.I replied yes I could.
[C].   Mother asked me could I solve that question.I said that I can.
[D].   Mother asked me if I could solve that question. I replied respectfully that I could.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment