English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-104

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 104

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 104


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The visitor said to them “Please give me a glass of water.”

[A].   The visitor ordered them to give a glass of water.
[B].   The visitor requested them to give him a glass of water.
[C].   The visitor said to them to give him a glass of water
[D].   The visitor said please give him a glass of water.


Question : 2

A boy said to him, "May I take your camera, I need it for my trip".

[A].   A boy said him if he may take his camera. He need if for his trip.
[B].   A boy asked him if I may take your came. I need it for my trip.
[C].   A boy asked him if he might take his camera. He needed it for his trip.
[D].   A boy asked him if I might be taken his camera. He needed for his trip.


Question : 3

The queen said to her son, “You must go to the forest and remain there till your father calls you back”.

[A].   The queen told his son that you must go to the forest and remain there till your father called you back.
[B].   The queen told her son to go to the forest and remained there till his father called him back.
[C].   The queen told her son that he must go to the forest and remain there till his father called him back.
[D].   The queen ordered her son to go to the forest and remain there till his father calls him back.


Question : 4

We said to them, "congratulations!".

[A].   We said them congratulations.
[B].   We congratulated them.
[C].   We said them congratulations.
[D].   We have said them congratulations.


Question : 5

He said, “We have done our work."

[A].   He said that they had done their work.
[B].   He said that they should do their work.
[C].   He said that they have done their work.
[D].   He said that he had done his work.


Question : 6

He says to me, "I trust you and have high expectations."

[A].   He says to me that I trust you and have high expectations.
[B].   He says to me that he has trust me and have high expectations.
[C].   He says to me that he having trust me and having high expectations.
[D].   He says me that he trusts me and have high expectations.


Question : 7

He said, “I am writing a poem."

[A].   He said that the poem is being written.
[B].   He said that he was writing a poem.
[C].   He said that he is writing a poem.
[D].   He said that I am writing a poem.


Question : 8

He said to us, "Is he an intelligent boy?".

[A].   He asked us if he was an intelligent boy.
[B].   He asked us if he is an intelligent boy.
[C].   He asked us if am I an intelligent boy.
[D].   He asked us if was he an intelligent boy.


Question : 9

My father once said to me, “If I can’t trust my people, then I don't want to be doing this."

[A].   My father once told me that if he couldn’t trust my people then he didn't want to be doing that.
[B].   My father once told me that if he couldn’t trust his people then he didn’t want to be doing this.„
[C].   My father once told me that if he couldn’t trust his people then he didn't want to be doing that.
[D].   His father once told him that if he couldn't trust his people then he didn’t want to be doing that.


Question : 10

He is saying, "I have seen many precious paintings in the Art Gallery".

[A].   He is saying the he had seen many precious printings in the Art Gallery.
[B].   He is saying that he has seen many precious paintings in the Art Gallery.
[C].   He is saying that he had been seen many precious paintings in the Art Gallery.
[D].   He said that he has seen many precious paintings in the Art Gallery.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment