English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-107

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 107

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 107


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

She said to him, "Do you know where Sana is?"

[A].   She said to him whether he knows where Sana is.
[B].   She says to him whether he known where Sana is.
[C].   She asked to him whether he knew where Sana is.
[D].   She asked to him whether he know where Sana is.


Question : 2

The teacher said, “Be quiet, girls.”

[A].   The teacher said that they girls should be quiet.
[B].   The teacher called the girls and ordered them to be quiet.
[C].   The teacher urged the girls to be quiet.
[D].   The teacher commanded the girls that they be quiet.


Question : 3

He said to them, "How beautifully she sings!".

[A].   He says that she sings very beautifully.
[B].   He exclaimed with wonder that she sings very beautifully.
[C].   He was exclaimed with wonder that she had sung very beautifully.
[D].   He exclaimed with wonder that she sang very beautifully


Question : 4

“Please don’t go away” he said.

[A].   He said please him and not to go away.
[B].   He told me to not to go away.
[C].   He begged that I not go away.
[D].   He begged me not to go away.


Question : 5

My husband said to me, "I am tired thus want coffee now"

[A].   My husband asked me that he was tired so wanted coffee.
[B].   My husband asks me that he is tired thus wants coffee now.
[C].   My husband asked me that he is tired so want coffee now.
[D].   My husband said me that he is tired so wants coffee then.


Question : 6

She said to them, “Don’t make a noise.”

[A].   She asked them not to make a noise.
[B].   She told them not make noise.
[C].   She told them not to make a noise.
[D].   She told them that don’t make a noise


Question : 7

"It is hot today", "Isn't Ac working?" I said.

[A].   I said that it is hot today and asked if AC is working.
[B].   I said that it hot today and is AC working.
[C].   I said that it was hot today and asking was AC working.
[D].   I said that it was hot that day and asked if AC was working.


Question : 8

He said, “I saw a coin here.”

[A].   He said that he saw a coin here.
[B].   He said that he had seen a coin there.
[C].   He said that he saw a coin there.
[D].   He said that he had seen a coin here


Question : 9

My uncle said to me, “Has your uncle returned from Sambalpur?”

[A].   My uncle said to me that my uncle has returned from Sambalpur.
[B].   My uncle asked me If my uncle had returned from Sambalpur.
[C].   My uncle told me his uncle had returned from Sambalpur.
[D].   My uncle enquired me if his uncle had returned from Sambalpur.


Question : 10

A teacher said to the student, "You must complete your homework in a day or two."

[A].   The teacher ordered to the students that they would have completed their homework in a day or two.
[B].   The teacher order to the students they must complete their homework in a day or two.
[C].   The teacher ordered to the students that they must be completed their homework in a day or two.
[D].   the teacher ordered to the students that they must have completed their homework in a day or two.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment