English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-109

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 109

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 109


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

“If you don’t keep quiet I shall shoot you,” she said to her in a calm voice.

[A].   She warned her calmly that she would shoot her if she didn’t keep quiet.
[B].   She said calmly that I shall shoot you if you don’t keep quiet.
[C].   She warned her to shoot if she didn’t keep quiet calmly.
[D].   Calmly she warned her that be quiet or else she will have to shoot her


Question : 2

The guide suggested, “Let’s rest here for a while.”

[A].   The guide suggested that we rest there.
[B].   The guide suggested we should rest for a while.
[C].   The guide suggested resting for a while there.
[D].   The guide suggested that we should rest there for a while.


Question : 3

She said to her, "Don’t read so loud.”

[A].   She told her not to read so loud.
[B].   She advised her not to read so loud.
[C].   She requested her not to read so loud.
[D].   She ordered her not to red so loud.


Question : 4

She said, “We were thinking of selling the house but we had decided not to”.

[A].   She said that they thought of selling the house but decided not to.
[B].   She said that they have been thinking of selling the house but decided not to.
[C].   She said that they had been thinking of selling the house but had decided not to.
[D].   She said that they were thinking of selling the house but they decided not to.


Question : 5

She said, "I must go next month.”

[A].   She said that she must go next month.
[B].   She said that she must go the following month.
[C].   She said that she would have to go the following month.
[D].   She said that she was to go following month.


Question : 6

“Are you the same person I met in the park?” I asked.

[A].   Was he the same person I met in the park I asked the stranger.
[B].   I asked the stranger if I was the same person he had met in the park.
[C].   I asked the stranger if he was the same person I met in the park.
[D].   I asked the stranger if he was the same person I had met in the park.


Question : 7

“Are you alone, my son?” asked a soft voice close behind me.

[A].   A soft voice from my back asked if I was alone.
[B].   A soft voice said to me are you alone son.
[C].   A soft voice asked that what I was doing there alone.
[D].   A soft voice behind me asked if I was alone.


Question : 8

I said to you, ”I can not be blamed for this.”

[A].   I told you that I could not be blamed for that.
[B].   I said you that I can not be blamed for this.
[C].   I said to you that I can not be blamed for this.
[D].   I told you that you could not be blamed for that.


Question : 9

He said to me, “Where is the head office?”

[A].   He asked me where the head office was.
[B].   He asked me that where the head office was.
[C].   He wanted to know where the head office was.
[D].   He asked me where was the head office.


Question : 10

He said, “How can a Zebra talk?’’

[A].   He questioned a Zebra talking.
[B].   He asked how a Zebra could talk.
[C].   He was amazed how a Zebra can talk.
[D].   He wondered how a Zebra talks.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment