English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-111

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 111

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 111


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

Hari said to me, ‘’I will go to the market tomorrow’’.

[A].   Hari told me that he will go to the market.
[B].   Hari told me that he will go to the market tomorrow.
[C].   Hari told me that he would go to the market tomorrow.
[D].   Hari told me that he would go to the market the next day.


Question : 2

“You are one of Pinkerton’s men, I presume,” he said.

[A].   He said that he presumed me one of Pinkerton’s men.
[B].   He said that he presumed that I was one of Pinkerton’s men.
[C].   He said that he presumed me as one of Pinkerton’s men.
[D].   He said that he presumes that I am one of Pinkerton’s men.


Question : 3

The mother will say, “ My daughter is going to school”.

[A].   The mother will say that her daughter is going to school.
[B].   The mother will say that her daughter will be going to school.
[C].   The mother would be saying that her daughter would be going to school.
[D].   The mother will say that her daughter will go to school.


Question : 4

“Make me another suit like this,” he said to the tailor.

[A].   He asked the tailor to make him another suit like this.
[B].   He asks the tailor to make him another suit like this.
[C].   He asked the tailor to make him another suit like that.
[D].   He asked the tailor to make me another suit like this.


Question : 5

He said, ‘’I have written a prize-winning essay.”

[A].   He said that he has written a prize-winning essay.
[B].   He said that I have written a prize-winning essay.
[C].   He said that he had written a prize-winning essay.
[D].   He says that he has written a prize-winning essay.


Question : 6

Mini said to me, “I have bought this flat for my mother.”

[A].   Mini told that she had bought that flat for her mother.
[B].   Mini said that she bought that flat for her mother.
[C].   Mini said that she has bought that flat for mother.
[D].   Mini told me that she had bought the flat for her mother.


Question : 7

He promised, “I will do it tomorrow.”

[A].   He promised that he will do it tomorrow.
[B].   He promised that he will do it the next day.
[C].   He promised that he would do it tomorrow.
[D].   He promised that he would do it the next day.


Question : 8

The young knight enquired which way the princess had gone.

[A].   The young knight asked, “Which way has she gone?”
[B].   The young knight asked, “Which way did the princess go?”
[C].   The young asked the old man where the princess had gone.
[D].   The young knight enquired, “Which way the princess went?”


Question : 9

She said, “You can leave the books here.”

[A].   She said that they can leave the books there.
[B].   She said that they could leave the books there.
[C].   She said that they can leave the books here.
[D].   She said that they could leave the books here.


Question : 10

He said, ‘’I hardly have time to attend any party.”

[A].   He said that he has no time to attend any party.
[B].   He said that he hardly has time to attend any party.
[C].   He said that he hardly had time to attend any party.
[D].   He says that he hardly had time to attend any party.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment