English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-105

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 105

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 105


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

“What kind of scheme do you have ?" Amit asked the insurance agent.

[A].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she is having
[B].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she was having.
[C].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she has.
[D].   Amit asked the insurance agent what kind of scheme he/she had.


Question : 2

I asked the stranger, "What can I do for you?"

[A].   I asked the stranger what I can do for him.
[B].   I asked the stranger what I could do for him.
[C].   I asked the stranger what I could be done for him.
[D].   I asked the stranger what could I do for you.


Question : 3

He asked me, "What time will the sun set tomorrow ?"

[A].   He asked me what time the sun would set the next day.
[B].   He asked me what time would the sun set the next day.
[C].   He asked me what time the sun would set tomorrow.
[D].   He asked me what time does the sun set the next day.


Question : 4

They said, "The Sun rises in the East."

[A].   They said that the Sun rises in the East.
[B].   They say that the Sun rose in the East.
[C].   They said that the sun rise in the East.
[D].   They said that the Sun is raised in the East.


Question : 5

I asked him, “Will you go to Agra tomorrow ?"

[A].   I asked him whether you would go to Agra the next day.
[B].   I asked him whether he will go to Agra the next day.
[C].   I asked him whether he would go to Agra the next day.
[D].   I asked him whether I would go to Agra the next day.


Question : 6

A student said to the teacher, "I shall be regular from tomorrow."

[A].   A student said to the teacher that he should regular from the next day.
[B].   A student said to the teacher he will be regular from the next day.
[C].   A student said to the teacher that he would be regular from the next day.
[D].   A student said to the teacher that he shall be regular form the next day.


Question : 7

He said to her, “Why didn’t you put on the brakes ?

[A].   He asked her that why she hadn't put on the brake.
[B].   He told her that why she hadn’t put on the brake.
[C].   He asked her why she didn't put on the brake.
[D].   He asked her why she hadn’t put on the brakes.


Question : 8

She said to them, "Will you attend my birthday party? I shall wait for you".

[A].   She is informed us we would attend her birthday party. She would wait for us.
[B].   She inquired of us whether we would attend her birthday party. She would wait for us.
[C].   She inquires of us whether we would be attended her birthday party. She would be waited for us.
[D].   She is inquired of us whether we would be attend her birthday party. She will be waiting for us.


Question : 9

The policeman told the students, “Do not park your vehicles here.”

[A].   The policeman asked the students not to park their vehicles there.
[B].   The policeman asked the students not to park his vehicle here.
[C].   The policeman asked the students not to park their vehicles here.
[D].   The policeman asked the students not park your vehicles here.


Question : 10

He says to me, "I trust you and have high expectations".

[A].   He says to me that I trust you and have high expectations.
[B].   He says to me that he has trust me and have high expectations.
[C].   He says to me that he having trust me and having high expectations.
[D].   He says me that he trusts me and have high expectations.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment