English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-106

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 106

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 106


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The old lady declared that she was going to walk where she pleased. They had the liberty.

[A].   The old lady "I was going to walk where I pleased. They have the liberty”.
[B].   The old lady “I am going to walk where I pleased. They had the liberty”.
[C].   The old lady “I am going to walk where I please. We have the liberty”.
[D].   The old lady said that "I was going to walk where I pleased. They have the liberty".


Question : 2

"Can't you help me to take this heavy box?" I asked to him.

[A].   I asked him could he not help me to take that heavy box.
[B].   I asked him he could not help me to take that heavy box.
[C].   I asked him if he could not help me to take that heavy box.
[D].   I said to him can't he help me to take that heavy box.


Question : 3

He said, “Bravo I You have done well.’’

[A].   He applauded him. saying that he has done well.
[B].   He applauded him saying that he had done well.
[C].   He applauded him and said that you have done well.
[D].   He applauded him to say that he had done well.


Question : 4

She said to him, "Where were you last week?"

[A].   She asked him where he had been the week before.
[B].   She asked him where he was the week before.
[C].   She asked him where he had the week before.
[D].   She asked him where have you been the week before.


Question : 5

The king said, "My force will protect the kingdom."

[A].   The king ordered that our force should protect the kingdom.
[B].   The king commanded that his force will be protected the kingdom.
[C].   The king said that the king's force will protect the r kingdom.
[D].   The king said that his force would protect the kingdom.


Question : 6

A waitress said to me, "Would you like to have a cup of tea?"

[A].   A waitress said me what I will like to have a cup of tea.
[B].   A waitress asked me will you like have a cup of tea.
[C].   A waitress asked me if I would like to have a cup of tea.
[D].   A waitress asked me if I will like to have a cup of tea.


Question : 7

The commander said to the army, "March forward".

[A].   The commander requested the army to go forward.
[B].   The army requested the commander to march.
[C].   The commander ordered the army to march forward.
[D].   The commander asked the army march forward.


Question : 8

He said to me, "Do not disturb me and get out of my room now."

[A].   He forbade me to disturb him and ordered to get out of his room then.
[B].   He asked me not disturb and get out of his room then.
[C].   He forbade me to disturb him and ordered to got out of my room now.
[D].   He said to me not to disturb me and orders to get out of my room then.


Question : 9

“What about going for a swim," he said, “It’s quite fine now.”

[A].   He suggested going for a swim as it was quite fine.
[B].   He advised me to go for a swim as it was quite fine.
[C].   He proposed going for a swim as it was quite fine.
[D].   He asked me what about going for a swim as it was quite fine then


Question : 10

I did not know the address. Did you?" She asked.

[A].   She say that she did not know the address and said him if he did.
[B].   She asked that she has not known the address and asked him he did.
[C].   She asked that she does not know the address and asked him if he does.
[D].   She asked that she had not known the address and asked him if he did.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment