English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-102

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 102

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 102


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

He explained that he knew the place well because he used to live there.

[A].   “I know the place well because I used to live here,”he explained.
[B].   “I knew the place because I used to live here,”he explained.
[C].   “I have known the place well because I used to live here,”he explained.
[D].   “I know the place well because I use to live here,”he explained.


Question : 2

She says, "I did not finish my work."

[A].   She says that she had not finish her homework.
[B].   She says that she did not finish her homework.
[C].   She says that she was not finished her homework.
[D].   She says that she had not been finish her homework.


Question : 3

“I can’t stand on my head because I am not well.”

[A].   He said that he can’t stand on his head because he was not well.
[B].   He told that he couldn’t stand on his head because he was not well.
[C].   He declared that he couldn’t stand on his head because he was not well.
[D].   He said that he couldn’t stand on his head because he was not well.


Question : 4

My mother says, "I was happy in Karachi. I had seen many places when I was a child"

[A].   My mother told that she was happy in Karachi, she had been seen many places, when she was a child.
[B].   My mother said that I was happy in Karachi. I had seen many places when I was a child.
[C].   My mother says that she was happy in Karachi. She had been seen many places, when she was a child.
[D].   My mother says that she was happy in Karachi.She had seen many places, when she was a child.


Question : 5

The teacher said to the student, ”Why were you absent yesterday?”

[A].   The teacher asked the student why had he been absent the previous day.
[B].   The teacher informed the student that why he had been absent the next day.
[C].   The teacher asked the student why he had been absent the previous day.
[D].   The teacher asked the student why had been he absent the previous day.


Question : 6

One woman said to me, "You should consult a doctor. Do not delay."

[A].   One woman said me that I should be consult a doctor.
[B].   Did not delay.One woman told me that I should consulted a doctor.
[C].   Did not delay.One woman suggested me that I should consult a doctor.
[D].   Do not delay.One woman requested me that I should been consult a doctor. Do not delay.


Question : 7

Sheela reassured me, “I can come tonight.”

[A].   Sheela told me that she could come that night.
[B].   Sheela told me she could come tomorrow evening.
[C].   Sheela told me she could will come that night.
[D].   Sheela told me I could come that night.


Question : 8

"Did you know about Mr. Ravi", I said. "No, I did not know about him", She said.

[A].   I asked if she had known about Mr.Ravi she replied no she had not known about him.
[B].   I asked she knew about Mr.Ravi she replied no she not know about him.
[C].   I asked she had known about Mr. Ravi she replied no she had not know about Mr. Ravi.
[D].   I was asked that did she know about Mr. Ravi she said that no she did not know about him.


Question : 9

“What did you eat last night?” asked my mother.

[A].   My mother asked me what I had eaten the previous night.
[B].   My mother said what did you eat last night.
[C].   My mother questioned me what I ate last night.
[D].   My mother said to me what did I eat last night.


Question : 10

Student said to the teacher, "Please give me one day leave, I have a fever."

[A].   Student requested to the teacher to give him one day leave he had a fever.
[B].   Student request to the teacher to gave him one day leave he had a fever.
[C].   Student requested to the teacher to give me one day leave i have a fever.
[D].   Students asks to the teacher to give me one day leave i had a fever.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



1 comment:

  1. To fix Quickbooks error 102, you must update the account in Quickbooks online. You can update it manually or automatically from the banking menu of the Quickbooks.

    Get instant help to resolve Quickbooks banking error 102 on QBSSsolved at 1-888-910-1619.

    ReplyDelete