English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-101

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 101

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 101


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The father said to the son, ”Why do you not start preparing for the examination this month?

[A].   The father told the son why he did not prepare for the examination that month.
[B].   The father enquired of the son why he did not start preparing for the examination this month.
[C].   The father asked the son why he did not start preparing for the examination that month.
[D].   The father asked the son that why did he not start preparing for the examination this month?


Question : 2

He says, "I shall help you even though I am not rich."

[A].   He says that he would help me even though he was not rich.
[B].   He says that he shall help me even though he is not rich.
[C].   He says that I shall help you even though I am not rich.
[D].   He say that he will be helped me even though he is not rich.


Question : 3

My sister said, ”They will contact you as soon as they finish the job.”

[A].   My sister said that they would contact me as soon as they finish the job.
[B].   My sister said that they would contact me as soon as they will finish the job.
[C].   My sister told to me that they would contact me as soon as they would finish the job.
[D].   My sister said that they would contact me as soon as they would finish the job.


Question : 4

He said," Do not be upset, I will help you."

[A].   He said that did not upset I would help you.
[B].   He said not to be upset he would help me.
[C].   He asked not to been upset he will be helped me.
[D].   He has said not to be upset he will have helped me.


Question : 5

He told me, “Your train will leave if you do not go at once.”

[A].   He told me that my train will leave if I do not go at that moment.
[B].   He told me that his train would leave if he did not go that moment.
[C].   He told me that my train would leave if I did not go that moment.
[D].   He told me that his train will leave if he did not go at once.


Question : 6

My teacher says, "If you work hard, you will take good marks".

[A].   My teacher advised if I work hard, I would take good marks.
[B].   My teacher advises if you work hard, you will take good marks.
[C].   My teacher advises if I work hard, I will take good marks.
[D].   My teacher advised that I worked hard, I would take good marks.


Question : 7

She said, “I’ve been in this school since 1998.”

[A].   She said that she have been in this school since 1998.
[B].   She said that she was in this school since 1998.
[C].   She said that she was being in that school since 1998.
[D].   She said that she had been in that school since 1998.


Question : 8

He said to her, "You are the best player that I have ever seen."

[A].   He praised to her that she was the best player that he had ever seen.
[B].   He said to her that I was the best player that he have even seen.
[C].   He said to her that you were the best player that I had ever seen.
[D].   He praised to her that I am the best player that he had ever seen.


Question : 9

The boss said, “Please give me the latest reports.”

[A].   The boss wanted to please the latest reports.
[B].   The boss wanted the latest reports, please.
[C].   The boss requested for the latest reports.
[D].   The boss said to please give the latest reports.


Question : 10

Father says, "You must guide your class fellow".

[A].   Father says that we must guide our class fellows.
[B].   Father says that we must guided our class fellows.
[C].   Father says that you must be guided your class fellows.
[D].   Father says that we must be guided our class fellows.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment