English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-110

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 110

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 110


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The young man promised her that he would be there the next day.

[A].   The young man said, “I will be there the next day”
[B].   The young man said, “I promise to be here tomorrow.”
[C].   The young man said, “I will try to be there the next day.”
[D].   The young man said, “I will be here the next day.”


Question : 2

He said that she was coming that year.

[A].   He said, ”She is coming this year.”
[B].   He said, ”Come this year.”
[C].   He said, ”She was coming that year.”
[D].   He said, ”She will come this year.”


Question : 3

The spectators said, “Bravo! Well played Virat.”

[A].   The spectators called Virat bravo because he played well.
[B].   The spectators said that Virat played well and applauded him.
[C].   The spectators encouraged Virat saying he played well.
[D].   The spectators applauded Virat, saying that he played well.


Question : 4

He exclaimed with regret that he was perished by the people he had made.

[A].   He said, “Alas! I have perished by the people I have made.”
[B].   He said, “Alas! I am perished by the people I have made.”
[C].   He said, “Alas! I am perished by the people I made”
[D].   He said, “Alas! I perished by the people I made.”


Question : 5

The traveller enquired of the potter if he could tell him the way to the nearest inn.

[A].   The traveller said to the potter, “Where is the nearest inn?”
[B].   The traveller said to the potter, “Can you tell me the way to the nearest inn?”
[C].   The traveller said to the potter, “Which is the way to nearest inn?”
[D].   The traveller said to the potter, “Can you tell me where is the nearest inn?”


Question : 6

Mother said, “Don’t step out of the house in the summer season.”

[A].   The mother threatened the children not to step out of the house in the summer season.
[B].   The mother persuaded the children not to step out of the house in the summer season.
[C].   The mother advised the children not to step out of the house in the summer season.
[D].   The mother requested the children not to step out in the summer season.


Question : 7

I said to my father, “Let us go to some restaurant for a change.”

[A].   I asked my father to go to some restaurant for a change.
[B].   I asked my father if he would go to some restaurant for a change.
[C].   I permitted my father to go to some restaurant for a change.
[D].   I suggested to my father that we should go to some restaurant for a change.


Question : 8

Ram told Ajay that he would return the book to him the next day.

[A].   Ram said, “I will be returning the book to you tomorrow, Ajay.”
[B].   “Ajay, I will return the book to you tomorrow,”said Ram.
[C].   “Ajay will return this book to you tomorrow,”said Ram.
[D].   “I will return this book to you the next day,”said Ram.


Question : 9

Sonya said, “Oh that I were a child again!”

[A].   Sonya exclaimed with wonder that were she a child again.
[B].   Sonya wondered that were she a child again.
[C].   Sonya strongly wished that she had been a child again.
[D].   Sonya prayed that she were a child again.


Question : 10

“I always keep a tin of biscuits in my room, girls.”

[A].   The matron informed the girls that she always kept a tin of biscuits in her room.
[B].   The matron told the girls that she would always keep a tin of biscuits in her room.
[C].   The matron told the girls that she had kept a tin of biscuits in her room.
[D].   The matron said that she always keeps a tin of biscuits in her room.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment