English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-97

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 97

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 97


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

She said, "I wish I were rich.

[A].   She expressed a wish that she had been a rich.
[B].   She said that she had a rich.
[C].   She expresses that she had a rich.
[D].   She expressed that she has been a rich.


Question : 2

6: She said angrily, "Only they can take my things."

[A].   She spoke angrily that only you could take my things.
[B].   She spoke angrily that only they could taken my things.
[C].   She said angrily that only you could taken my things.
[D].   She spoke angrily that only they could take her things.


Question : 3

I say to my son, "May you succeed".

[A].   I wish to my son success.
[B].   I wished to my son success.
[C].   I say to my son success.
[D].   I wish to my son succeed.Answer


Question : 4

The officer said to the office boy, "Bring a cup of tea".

[A].   The officer ordered to the boy to bring a cup of tea.
[B].   The officer ordered to the boy to brought a cup of tea.
[C].   The officer said to the boy to bring a cup of tea.
[D].   The officer order to the boy to bring a cup of tea.


Question : 5

They said, "Alas! We have lost the match".

[A].   They said that they lost the match.
[B].   They said that we have lost the match.
[C].   They exclaimed sadly that they lost the match.
[D].   They exclaimed sadly that they had lost the match.


Question : 6

I said to him, "I do not believe you."

[A].   I said to him that I do not believe you.
[B].   I said to him that I did not believe him.
[C].   I said to him that I do not believe him.
[D].   I said to him that I am not believe him.


Question : 7

The boy said, "May it rain today."

[A].   The boy prays that it may rain today.
[B].   The boy prayed that it may rain that day.
[C].   They boy prayed that it may rained that day.
[D].   The boy prayed that it might rain that day.


Question : 8

They said to me, "Will you join us in the party".

[A].   The said to me would you join us in party.
[B].   They asked me if I would join them in a party.
[C].   They asked me will you join us in a party.
[D].   They asked me would I joined them in a party.


Question : 9

A grandmother says, "I pray for your success".

[A].   A grandmother prayed for my success.
[B].   A grandmother is prayed for my success.
[C].   A grandmother pray for my success.
[D].   A grandmother was prayed for my success.


Question : 10

I said, "I want to see you soon, when you come back, we will have great time.

[A].   I wish to see him soon, when he come back, we will have great time.
[B].   I wished to see you soon, when you come back we would had a great time.
[C].   I wished to see him soon, when he come back we would have a great time.
[D].   I was wished to see him soon, when he come back, we will be a great time.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment