English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-96

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 96

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 96


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

My father said to me, "May you succeed!"

[A].   My father pray that I may succeed.
[B].   My father prayed that I might succeed.
[C].   My father prayed I might be succeed.
[D].   My father prayed I may be succeed.


Question : 2

The principal said, "Be quiet, boys."

[A].   The principal called the boys and ordered them to be quiet.
[B].   The principal commanded the boys that they be quiet.
[C].   The principal urged the boys to be quiet.
[D].   The principal said that the boys should be quiet.


Question : 3

He says, "I do not like blue color".

[A].   He says that he did not like blue color.
[B].   He says that he does not like blue color.
[C].   He says that I do not like blue color.
[D].   He says that I did not like blue color.


Question : 4

The people said, "A snatcher, capture the snatcher."

[A].   The people loudly called out to capture the snatcher.
[B].   The people called out to capture the snatcher.
[C].   The people said to capture the snatcher.
[D].   The people called to capture the snatcher.


Question : 5

Anil's mother reminded him to take his wallet

[A].   “Are you going to take your wallet or not?” said Anil to his mother
[B].   “Don't forget to take your wallet, Anil” said his mother
[C].   Anil's mother said, “Remember your wallet, Anil?"
[D].   “Here is your wallet Anil” said his mother


Question : 6

A girl said, "How beautiful the flower is!"

[A].   A girl exclaimed with wonder that the flower was very beautiful.
[B].   A girl said that the flower is very beautiful.
[C].   A girl exclaimed with joy that the flower was very beautiful.
[D].   A girl exclaimed with wonder that the flower is very beautiful.


Question : 7

The old man said, "Thanks I shall never forget this kindness, Ankit"

[A].   The old man applauded Ankit for his kindness and he shall never forget Ankit
[B].   The old man thanked Ankit and assured him that he would never forget his kindness
[C].   Ankit was being thanked by the old man for his kindness towards an old man
[D].   The old man said thank you to Ankit for his kindness


Question : 8

I said to her, "I think, you are tired."

[A].   I said to her that she thought she is tired.
[B].   I said to her that I think you are tired.
[C].   I said to her that I thought she was tired.
[D].   I said to her that she thought you are tired.


Question : 9

He said, "It is raining heavily".

[A].   He said that it was raining heavily.
[B].   He said that it is raining heavily.
[C].   He said that it rained heavily.
[D].   He said that it was rained heavily.


Question : 10

"Where is the bus stop ?", she asked me

[A].   She asked me where the bus stop
[B].   She asked me where the bus stop was
[C].   She asked me where is the bus stop
[D].   She asked me where the bus stop is





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment