English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-88

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 88

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 88


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

The boy said, "May it rain today."

[A].   The boy prays that it may rain today.
[B].   The boy prayed that it may rain that day.
[C].   They boy prayed that it may rained that day.
[D].   The boy prayed that it might rain that day.


Question : 2

I said to him, "I cannot help you".

[A].   I said to him that I cannot help him.
[B].   I said to him that I could not help him.
[C].   I said to him that I could not be help you.
[D].   I said to him that I could not be helped him.


Question : 3

I said to her, "Will you attend the meeting?"

[A].   I asked her would she attend the meeting.
[B].   I asked her whether she would attend the meeting.
[C].   I asked her whether she will attend the meeting.
[D].   I asked her whether she will be attended the meeting.


Question : 4

Mother says, "I am happy on your good marks".

[A].   Mother says that she was happy on my good marks.
[B].   Mother says that she is happy on my good marks.
[C].   Mother says that she is happy on your good marks.
[D].   Mother says that she was happy on your good marks.


Question : 5

They said, "Our luggage were stolen yesterday."

[A].   They said that their luggage had been stolen the previous day.
[B].   They said that their luggage had stolen the previous day.
[C].   They said that their luggage was stolen the previous day.
[D].   They said that our luggage had stolen yesterday.


Question : 6

They have said, "He is solving the sums."

[A].   They had said that he solved the sums.
[B].   They have been said that he is solving the sums.
[C].   They have said that he is solving the sums.
[D].   They have said that he was solving the sums


Question : 7

A grandmother says, "I pray for your success".

[A].   A grandmother prayed for my success.
[B].   A grandmother is prayed for my success.
[C].   A grandmother pray for my success.
[D].   A grandmother was prayed for my success.


Question : 8

A doctor said, "You take rest."

[A].   A doctor advised me to take rest.
[B].   A doctor was advised me to take rest.
[C].   A doctor advised me to took rest.
[D].   A doctor said me to you had taken rest.


Question : 9

My father said to me, "May you succeed!"

[A].   My father pray that I may succeed.
[B].   My father prayed that I might succeed.
[C].   My father prayed I might be succeed.
[D].   My father prayed I may be succeed.


Question : 10

A leader says, "A country cannot be peaceful until good education is provided to each child."

[A].   A leader says that a country could not be peaceful until good education is provided to each child.
[B].   A leader says that a country cannot been peaceful until good education was provided to each child.
[C].   A leader says that a country cannot peaceful until good education will be provided to each child.
[D].   A leader says that a country cannot be peaceful until good education is provided to each child.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



1 comment: