English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-86

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 86

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 86


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

My mother says, "I was happy in Chandigarh. I had seen many places when I was a child."

[A].   My mother told that she was happy in Chandigarh, she had been seen many places, when she was a child.
[B].   My mother said that I was happy in Chandigarh. I had seen many places when I was a child.
[C].   My mother says that she was happy in Chandigarh. She had been seen many places, when she was a child.
[D].   My mother says that she was happy in Chandigarh. She had seen many places, when she was a child.


Question : 2

I said him, "Please stay here".

[A].   I requested him to stay there.
[B].   I request him to stay there.
[C].   I requested him to stay there.
[D].   I am requested him to stay there.


Question : 3

I said to him, "I don't believe you."

[A].   I said to him that I do not believe you.
[B].   I said to him that I did not believe him.
[C].   I said to him that I do not believe him.
[D].   I said to him that I am not believe him.


Question : 4

Wife says to her husband, "When prices are high, my problems have multiplied which make my whole planning miserable."

[A].   Wife said to her husband that when prices were high her problems had multipled which made her planni
[B].   Wife said to her husband that when prices are high my problmes has multiplied which make my whole pl
[C].   Wife said to her husband that when prices are high her problems have been multiplied which make her
[D].   Wife says to her husband that when prices are high her problems have multiplied which make her whole


Question : 5

I said to her, "You are at fault".

[A].   I said to her that she is at fault.
[B].   I said to her that you are at fault.
[C].   I said to her that she was at fault.
[D].   I said to her that she is being at fault.


Question : 6

You said, "My friends are happily settled in different countries of the world, which are quite far but we talk regularly."

[A].   You said that my friends are happily settled in different countries of the world which are quite far
[B].   You said that your friends were happily settled in different countries of the world which were quite
[C].   You said that your friends are being happily settled in different countries of the world which are b
[D].   You said that my friends happily settled in different countries of the world which were quite far bu


Question : 7

They said to me, "When will you go back?"

[A].   They asked me when I will go back.
[B].   They asked me when you will go back.
[C].   They asked to me when would you go back.
[D].   They asked me when I will be go back.


Question : 8

He said, "I saw them on their bicycle beside the traffic sign in a happy mooI called them but they did not stop."

[A].   He said that he had been seen them on their bicycle beside the traffic sign in a happy mooHe call
[B].   He said that he seen them on their bicycle beside the traffic sign in a happy mood.They called them
[C].   He said that he has been seen them on their bicycle beside the traffic sign in a happy mood.He calle
[D].   He said that he had seen them on their bicycle beside the traffic sign in a happy mooHe called th


Question : 9

Father said to the son, "Where have you been all night?"

[A].   Father asked to the son where was he all night.
[B].   father asked to the son where he had been all night.
[C].   Father said to the son where has he all night.
[D].   Father ask to the son where he been all night.


Question : 10

"Did you know about Mr. Ahmed", I sai"No, I did not know about him", She said.

[A].   I asked if she had known about Mr.Ahmed she replied no she had not known about him.
[B].   I asked she knew about Mr.Ahmed she replied no she not know about him.
[C].   I asked she had known about Mr. Ahmed she replied no she had not know about Mr. Ahmed.
[D].   I was asked that did she know about Mr. Ahmed she said that no she did not know about him.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment