English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-83

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 83

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 83


Question : 1-10

Direction :- In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one most appropriate option which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.

Question : 1

I said to her, "I think, you are tired."

[A].   I said to her that she thought she is tired.
[B].   I said to her that I think you are tired.
[C].   I said to her that I thought she was tired.
[D].   I said to her that she thought you are tired.


Question : 2

The employer said to the workman, "I cannot pay you higher wages."

[A].   The employer told the workman that he could not be paid higher wages.
[B].   The employer told the workman that he could not pay him higher wages.
[C].   The employer forbade the workman to pay higher wages.
[D].   The employer warned the workman that he cannot pay him higher wages.


Question : 3

Mother said to child, "You must do your homework, after that you can go for playing."

[A].   Mother asked to child that he must did his homework after that he could go for playing.
[B].   Mother said to child that he must done his homework after that he could be go for playing.
[C].   Mother was requested to the child that he does his homework after that he can go for playing.
[D].   Mother is ordered to the child that he did his homework after that he can gone for playing.


Question : 4

He said, "I clean my teeth twice a day."

[A].   He said that he cleaned his teeth twice a day.
[B].   He said that he cleans his teeth twice a day.
[C].   He said that he used to clean his teeth twice a day.
[D].   He said that he is used to cleaning his teeth twice a day.


Question : 5

Principal says, "Is the librarian present today?"

[A].   Principal said that if the librarian was present that day.
[B].   Principal asks if the librarian is present that day.
[C].   Principal asks if the librarian was present that day.
[D].   Principal is asked if the librarian present that day.


Question : 6

He said, "Would that my father was alive today to see my great success!"

[A].   He wished that his father had been lived that day to see his great success.
[B].   He wishes that his father has been lived that day to see great success.
[C].   He wished that his father had lived that day to see his great success.
[D].   He wished that his father alive that day to see his great success.


Question : 7

She said, "If you work hard, you will take good marks."

[A].   My teacher advised if I work hard I could take good marks.
[B].   My teacher advises if you work hard you will take good marks.
[C].   My teacher advises if I work hard I will take good marks.
[D].   My teacher advised that I worked hard I would take good marks.


Question : 8

Rajan said, "O that I were a child again!"

[A].   Rajan exclaimed with wonder that he was a child again.
[B].   Rajan wondered that were he a child again.
[C].   Rajan strongly wished that he had been a child again.
[D].   Rajan prayed that he were a child again.


Question : 9

You said, "It gives me great pleasure to be with my friend, we have great time ever."

[A].   You said that it gave him great pleasure to be with his friend we had great time ever.
[B].   You said that it gave you great pleasure to be with your friend you had great time ever.
[C].   You said it gives me great pleasure to be with my friend we have great time ever.
[D].   You said that it has given you great pleasure to be with your friend you have great time ever.


Question : 10

He said, "I must go next week."

[A].   He said that he must go next week.
[B].   He said that he must go the following week.
[C].   He said that he would have to go the following week.
[D].   He said that he was to go the following week.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment