English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-79

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 79

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 79


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

He said, "May God grant peace to the departed soul!"

[A].   He wished by God to grant peace to the departed soul.
[B].   He wished that God may grant peace to the departed soul.
[C].   He prayed that might God grant peace to the departed soul.
[D].   He prayed that God would grant peace to the departed soul.


Question : 2

A teacher said to the student, "You must complete your homework in a day or two."

[A].   The teacher ordered to the students that they would have completed their homework in a day or two.
[B].   The teacher order to the students they must complete their homework in a day or two.
[C].   The teacher ordered to the students that they must be completed their homework in a day or two.
[D].   the teacher ordered to the students that they must have completed their homework in a day or two.


Question : 3

Gavaskar said, "Bravo! Azhar, you have done well."

[A].   Gavaskar exclaimed with joy that Azhar had done well.
[B].   Gavaskar called Azhar and exclaimed that he had done well.
[C].   Gavaskar congratulated Azhar, saying that he had done well.
[D].   Gavaskar praised Azhar for his having done well.


Question : 4

"Can't you help me to take this heavy box?" I asked to him.

[A].   I asked him could he not help me to take that heavy box.
[B].   I asked him he could not help me to take that heavy box.
[C].   I asked him if he could not help me to take that heavy box.
[D].   I said to him can't he help me to take that heavy box.


Question : 5

He said, "What a beautiful scene!"

[A].   He said that what a beautiful scene it was.
[B].   He wondered that it was a beautiful scene.
[C].   He exclaimed what a beautiful scene it was.
[D].   He exclaimed that it was a very beautiful scene.


Question : 6

They said, "The Sun rises in the East."

[A].   They said that the Sun rises in the East.
[B].   They say that the Sun rose in the East.
[C].   They said that the sun rise in the East.
[D].   They said that the Sun is raised in the East.


Question : 7

"It is hot today", "Isn't Ac working?" I said.

[A].   I said that it is hot today and asked if AC is working.
[B].   I said that it hot today and is AC working.
[C].   I said that it was hot today and asking was AC working.
[D].   I said that it was hot that day and asked if AC was working.


Question : 8

My friend said to me, "Has your father returned from Calcutta?"

[A].   My friend said to me that my father has returned from Calcutta.
[B].   My friend asked me if my father had returned from Calcutta.
[C].   My friend told me that his father had returned from Calcutta.
[D].   My friend enquired me if his father had returned from Calcutta.


Question : 9

A student said to the teacher, "I shall be regular from tomorrow."

[A].   A student said to the teacher that he should regular from the next day.
[B].   A student said to the teacher he will be regular from the next day.
[C].   A student said to the teacher that he would be regular from the next day.
[D].   A student said to the teacher that he shall be regular form the next day.


Question : 10

He said to her, "Are you coming to the party?"

[A].   He asked her whether she was coming to the party.
[B].   He told her if she was coming to the party.
[C].   He asked her if she was coming to the party.
[D].   He asked her if she will be coming to the party.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment