English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-72

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 72

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 72


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

He said to her, "Don't read so fast."

[A].   He requested her not to read so fast.
[B].   He ordered her not to read so fast.
[C].   He advised her don't read so fast.
[D].   He told her not to read so fast.


Question : 2

His father ordered him to go to his room and study.

[A].   His father said, "Go to your room and study."
[B].   His father said to him, "Go and study in your room."
[C].   His father shouted, "Go right now to your study room"
[D].   His father said firmly, "Go and study in your room."


Question : 3

He said, "Will you listen to such a man"

[A].   He asked them whether they would listen to such a man
[B].   He asked them whether they will listen to such a man.
[C].   He asked them are you listening to such a man.
[D].   He asked them will you listen to such a man.


Question : 4

"If you don't keep quiet I shall shoot you", he said to her in a calm voice.

[A].   He warned her to shoot if she didn't keep quiet calmly.
[B].   He said calmly that I shall shoot you if you don't be quiet.
[C].   He warned her calmly that he would shoot her if she didn't keep quiet.
[D].   Calmly he warned her that be quiet or else he will have to shoot her.


Question : 5

He said to his father, "Please increase my pocket-money."

[A].   He told his father, "Please increase the pocket-money"
[B].   He pleaded his father to please increase my pocket money.
[C].   He requested his father to increase his pocket-money.
[D].   He asked his father to increase his pocket-money.


Question : 6

He said, "I have often told you not to waste your time."

[A].   He said that he had often suggested to him not to waste his time.
[B].   He said that he had often told him not to waste his time.
[C].   He told that he had often told him not to waste his time.
[D].   He told that he had often told him not to waste his time.


Question : 7

I told him that he was not working hard.

[A].   I said to him, "You are not working hard."
[B].   I told to him, "You are not working hard."
[C].   I said, "You are not working hard."
[D].   I said to him, "He is not working hard."


Question : 8

I said to my brother, "Let us go to some hill station for a change."

[A].   I asked my brother to go to some hill station for a change.
[B].   I permitted my brother to go to some hill station for a change.
[C].   I asked my brother if he would go to some hill station for a change.
[D].   I suggested to my brother that we should go to some hill station for a change.


Question : 9

My father said to us, "We should study and get a good division in the examination."

[A].   My father said us that we should study and got a good division in the examination.
[B].   My father told us that we should studied and got a good division in the examination.
[C].   My father told us that we should study and get a good division in the examination.
[D].   My father told to us that we should study and get a good division in the examination.


Question : 10

The traveller enquired of the farmer if he could tell him the way to the nearest inn".

[A].   The traveller said to the farmer, "Can you tell me the way to the nearest inn?"
[B].   The traveller said to the farmer, "Can, you tell me where is the nearest inn?"
[C].   The traveller said to the farmer, "Which is the way to the nearest inn?"
[D].   The traveller said to the farmer, "Where is the nearest inn?"





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment