English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-73

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 73

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 73


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Dinesh asked, "Are you going to the party tomorrow, Rani ?"

[A].   Dinesh asked whether Rani was going to the party the next day.
[B].   Dinesh asked Rani whether you are going to the party the next day.
[C].   Dinesh asked Rani whether she was going to the party the next day.
[D].   Dinesh asked Rani are you going to the party tomorrow.


Question : 2

He said to me, "Where is the post office?"

[A].   He asked me where the post office was.
[B].   He wanted to know where the post office was.
[C].   He asked me where was the post office.
[D].   He asked me that where the post office was.


Question : 3

Vissu said, "We passed by a beautiful lake when we went on a trip to Goa."

[A].   Vissu said that they passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip to Goa.
[B].   Vissu said that they has passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to Goa.
[C].   Vissu said that they had passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip to Goa.
[D].   Vissu said they passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to Goa.


Question : 4

"What did you see at the South Pole ?" Ashok asked Anil.

[A].   Ashok asked Anil if he saw anything at the South Pole.
[B].   Ashok asked Anil What he had seen at the South Pole.
[C].   Ashok asked Anil What did he see at the South Pole.
[D].   Ashok asked Anil that he saw anything at the South Pole.


Question : 5

He said to his servant, "Why are you so lazy today?"

[A].   He asked his servant why he was being so lazy that day.
[B].   He asked his servant why he was so lazy that day.
[C].   He asked his servant why was he so lazy that day.
[D].   He asked his servant why he had been so lazy that day.


Question : 6

Suresh asked, " How long will it take to travel from Germany to South Africa ?"

[A].   Suresh asked how long it will take to travel from Germany to South Africa.
[B].   Suresh asked how long would it take to travel from Germany to South Africa.
[C].   Suresh asked how long it would take to travel from Germany to South Africa.
[D].   Suresh was asking how long must it take to travel from Germany to South Africa.


Question : 7

He said to me, "I expect you to attend the function."

[A].   He old me that he had expected me to attend the function.
[B].   He told me that he expected me to attended the function.
[C].   He told me that he expected me to have attended the function.
[D].   He told me that he expected me to attend the function.


Question : 8

He said to her, "May you succeed !"

[A].   He prayed to God that she may succee
[B].   He said to her that she might succee
[C].   He told her that she might succee
[D].   He wished her success.


Question : 9

He said, "Why didn't you send your application to me ?"

[A].   He enquired why I had not sent my application to him.
[B].   He enquired why I did not send my application to him.
[C].   He enquired why had I not sent my application to him.
[D].   He enquired why did I not send my application to him.


Question : 10

"Are you alone, my son?" asked a soft voice close behind me.

[A].   A soft voice asked that what I was doing there alone.
[B].   A soft voice said to me are you alone son.
[C].   A soft voice behind me asked if I was alone.
[D].   A soft voice from my back asked if I was alone.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment