English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-78

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 78

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 78


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

The stranger said, "Can you tell me the way to the hotel?" "Yes", said the boy. "Do you need a room?" "No, I do not need." replied the stranger.

[A].   The stranger said to the boy if he could tell him the way to the hotel. The boy replied yes and aske
[B].   The stranger said to the boy could he tell him the way to the hotel. The boy said yes and you needed
[C].   The stranger said to the boy could he be told him the way to the hotel. The boy reply yes and said d
[D].   The stranger said to the boy can you tell me the way to the hotel. The boy said yes do you need a ro


Question : 2

Nita ordered her servant to bring her cup of tea.

[A].   Nita told her servant, "Bring a cup of tea."
[B].   Nita said, "Bring me a cup of tea."
[C].   Nita said to her servant, "Bring me a cup of tea."
[D].   Nita told her servant, "Bring her that cup of tea."


Question : 3

Father says, "You must guide your class fellow".

[A].   Father says that we must guide our class fellows.
[B].   Father says that we must guided our class fellows.
[C].   Father says that you must be guided your class fellows.
[D].   Father says that we must be guided our class fellows.


Question : 4

She said to her friend, "I know where is everyone"

[A].   She told that she knew where was everyone.
[B].   She told her friend that she knew where was everyone.
[C].   She told her friend that she knew where is everyone.
[D].   She told her friend that she knows where was everyone.


Question : 5

I did not know the address. Did you?" She asked.

[A].   She say that she did not know the address and said him if he did.
[B].   She asked that she has not known the address and asked him he did.
[C].   She asked that she does not know the address and asked him if he does.
[D].   She asked that she had not known the address and asked him if he did.


Question : 6

I said, "I had been teaching in school for 9 years."

[A].   I said that I have been teaching in school for 9 years.
[B].   I said that I had been teaching in school for 9 years.
[C].   I told that she had been teaching in school for 9 years.
[D].   I told that I am being teaching in school for 9 years.


Question : 7

"Please don't go away", she said.

[A].   She said to please her and not go away.
[B].   She told me to go away.
[C].   She begged me not to go away.
[D].   She begged that I not go away.


Question : 8

I asked the stranger, "What can I do for you?"

[A].   I asked the stranger what I can do for him.
[B].   I asked the stranger what I could do for him.
[C].   I asked the stranger what I could be done for him.
[D].   I asked the stranger what could I do for you.


Question : 9

She said angrily, "Only they can take my things."

[A].   She spoke angrily that only you could take my things.
[B].   She spoke angrily that only they could taken my things.
[C].   She said angrily that only you could taken my things.
[D].   She spoke angrily that only they could take her things.


Question : 10

My cousin said, "My room-mate had snored throughout the night."

[A].   my cousin said that her room-mate snored throughout the night.
[B].   my cousin told me that her room-mate snored throughout the night.
[C].   my cousin complained to me that her room-mate is snoring throughout the night.
[D].   my cousin felt that her room-mate may be snoring throughout the night.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment