English-Direct-Indirect MCQ-SET-11

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 11

Direct and Indirect Speech-English Aptitude
Multiple Choice Questions for Competitive Exams

Direct and Indirect Speech : Objective English Aptitude :-
Welcome to our exclusive collections of Direct and Indirect Speech (MCQs ) multiple choice questions with answers .In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. Here we are sharing important questions on Direct and Indirect Speech asked in previous competitive exams.

English-Direct-Indirect (MCQ) for Bank, TET, MBA, CAT, MAT, GMAT, SSC | SET – 11


Question : 1-10

Question : 1

Rajinder said, "I like drawing sketches."

[A].   Rajinder said that she liked drawing sketches.
[B].   Rajinder said that she has liked drawing sketches.
[C].   Rajinder said that she liked to draw sketches.
[D].   Rajinder said that she likes drawing sketches.


Question : 2

Pawan said to me, "If I hear any news, I'll phone you."

[A].   Pawan told me that if he heard any news, he will phone me.
[B].   Pawan told me that if he will hear my news, he will phone me.
[C].   Pawan told me that if he had heard any news, he would phone me.
[D].   Pawan told me that if he heard any news, he would phone me.


Question : 36

The lady said to him, “Why haven’t you paid the house rent ?”

[A].   The lady told him why he had not paid the house rent.
[B].   The lady asked him that he has not paid the house rent.
[C].   The lady asked him why he had not paid the house rent.
[D].   The lady asked him why he has not paid the house rent.


Question : 4

The Captain said to his men, "Stand at ease."

[A].   The Captain urged his men to stand at ease.
[B].   The Captain wanted his men to stand at ease.
[C].   The Captain told his men that they should stand at ease.
[D].   The Captain commanded his men to stand at ease.


Question : 5

Pulkit said to Rashmi, “I am putting these papers in a file.”

[A].   Pulkit asked Rashmi that she is putting these papers in a file.
[B].   Pulkit told Rashmi that she is putting those papers in a file.
[C].   Pulkit told Rashmi that he was putting those papers in a file.
[D].   Pulkit told Rashmi that I am putting those papers in a file.


Question : 6

Ajay said, "I was playing football."

[A].   Ajay said that he was playing football.
[B].   Ajay said that he would be playing football.
[C].   Ajay said that he had been playing football.
[D].   Ajay said that he plays football.


Question : 7

He said to me, “Are you in a mood to work?”

[A].   He asked me that I was in a mood to work.
[B].   He asked me if I was in a mood to work.
[C].   He asked me if are you in a mood to work.
[D].   He told me that he was in a mood to work.


Question : 8

He said to me, I have often told you not to play with fire.

[A].   He said that he has often been telling me not to play with fire.
[B].   He told me that he had often told me not to play with fire.
[C].   He reminded me that he often said to me not to play with fire.
[D].   He said to me that he often told me not to play with fire.


Question : 9

The teacher said to Ram, “When did the bus leave?”

[A].   The teacher asked Ram when did the bus leave.
[B].   The teacher told Ram when the but left.
[C].   The teacher said that when did the bus leave.
[D].   The teacher asked Ram when the bus had left.


Question : 10

Ms. Rita said, "Reschedule the meeting to next Monday."

[A].   Ms. Rita asked to reschedule the meeting to the following Monday.
[B].   Ms. Rita asked for the meeting to be rescheduled to the next Monday.
[C].   Ms. Rita said to reschedule the meeting for Monday.
[D].   Ms. Rita asked for the rescheduling of the meeting for the following Monday.





To Read Next Set
Click on below links



Please Read These Useful Post Also
कृपया इन्हें भी पढ़ें



MCQs Practice Sets for Sure Success in all competitive exams



No comments:

Post a Comment